PDA

View Full Version : Happy but Sad

Albie
26-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Im feeling a bit low and I guess I shouldn't be. Just got back from hospital and had 2 xrays. They were easy this time no problem with arm movement. Then went to see consultant. The xray showed it had grown with a lump but looked like it had maybe broken again sometime. He was very pleased with my arm movement and asked me to do various positions and all were done with ease. I was honest enough to say I had some pain and where it was. I told him I had cycled and driven and he asked how I got on. He said he didn't want me to go back to work for another 4 weeks but continue to try and drive, work driving to extreme so soon.
He also wants me to go to doctors as once again I went sqeamish after I did arm movements. Im just a wuss and can't stand hospitals and lack of air. I just sat down and had cold sweat. I so tried to interact with interest to counteract the fear. Next thing nurse is taking my blood pressure. It was fine. Its just me. So he wants me checked for diaboetes.
So I can carry on trying to get better and cycle and rest and get bored for another 4 weeks. Im still riding to belgium and theres no doubt he's pleased with me. Caroline say's he was just saying no exerting myself.

Maybe those tank panels will be brought forward to getting done.

LouSCannon
26-08-2009, 05:44 PM
It'll come with time Albie, all in all it sounds like good news, and it's not been that long considering the injury I think you're doing really well!

It's better to take it easier now and not make it worse later which could mean even more time laid up!

Just look forward to laughing all about it over many beers in Belgium!

Albie
26-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Your not wrong there and I am doing well. Im just no good at doing nothing or little. I need a hobby for a few weeks.
We will be laughing about it in belgium over a kwak I can guarantee that. Im coming over by hook or by crook.

I just wonder did I rebreak it and when. Its a mystery with no answers. I raised my arms almost to the ceiling and sideways out horizontal and also back at 90 degrees. So thats good ain't it.

uksurfer
26-08-2009, 06:29 PM
i'm sure your arm/shoulder will tell you when its done or doing too much, just be careful and DON'T overdo it!
Rest is good, but also so boring, i know that when i broke my foot i did 2 days at home resting, that was enough for me, managed to talk my way back to work and had to have a risk assesment to do some office work, but, it stopped me from getting so bored, if someone had said had 6 weeks off work and i was not broken, i would have loved it, but with a busted foot i couldnt do anything!

Hope you'll be feeling better soon, the bike can wait, just get fit for Belgium :thumbsup:

Albie
26-08-2009, 06:45 PM
cheers martin. May see if I can go out with work colleague for a day just for company. Carolines back at school soon so will be different.

chris yeatman
26-08-2009, 07:18 PM
i got to get some new boots, and i wont go on the bike unless i got boots on,
i cant think what it must be for u.
bigup to u buddy.

Albie
26-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Cheers Chris. I even offered Scrapp's to ride it for me the other week to get her up and running around the block. He said NO.:grump::eek:

gremlin
26-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Try not to be impatient, better to take it easy now and heal than rush it and possibly do more harm and extend the healing time. It sounds like things are progressing quite well so try to chill a bit and look forward to Belgium.

alan c
26-08-2009, 07:54 PM
it all sounds ok Albie:thumbsup: i know its hard taking things easy, i am the same, like things to do, i hate it weekends if there is nothing to do, always try and keep busy. best to rest and exercise gently. You will be ok for Belgium and i am buying your first bottle of Kwak :booze:

take it easy,

alan

Albie
26-08-2009, 07:56 PM
yes your both right.:grump::grump::biggrin::biggrin: