PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a Tiddler

Dave1w
26-08-2009, 04:36 AM
Hi Folks,
Yesterday I picked up a 99 M400.. yes, I know it is a tiddler, but apart froma few parts numbers I gather it is identical to some of the larger models??

Most of my time has been messing with 2 strokes, so for a choice of a suitable finicky 4 stroke, I thought a Ducati would fit the bill!

Am I right, it seems to me that something a simple as a 600 crank, and barrels is all I need to get this little un into a slightly not so little un?

Anyway, looking forward to having a bit of fun with the bike, and learnig lots from the forum

Cheers
Dave

slob
26-08-2009, 05:29 AM
You've got a rare beast there, grey import?
If you want a bigger bike, buy one. I'd leave 400 as a 400.

Dave1w
26-08-2009, 07:00 AM
I have a confession to make, I am only in the UK some of the year, I am out in Singapore the rest, and getting a bigger one isn't much of an option. I do like to ticker with things.....

Dave

Nickj
26-08-2009, 08:00 AM
It would be a lot easier to just swap out the motor.
400's over here are extremely rare things and would be worth hanging onto

J.P
26-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Welcome to the club. Never heard of a club member with a M400 before

Pomp1
26-08-2009, 08:11 AM
hi and welcome!very, very rare bike you've got there. swap the engine if you must, but keep the original around!

Nickj
26-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Drop in a 750 but make sure there are very big 400 stickers on the bike!

giler
26-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Welcome.
As other s have said, leave it as a 400 - not many of them around.

He11cat
26-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Grey imports ..love em !!!!!! the market use to be massive early 90's now .. nowt.

If you have a rare grey don't mess with them.
If you found it too gutless then id sell as is and move up a size or two.
Parts don't know about Ducati but the parts on my Katana... tricky. some parts off a GSX 400 Impulse will suffice but has to be a certain model. and exhausts... well no longer made for my bike.

Don't be shoving different engines in and messing its a crime to mess about with a grey.

I own 3 grey 400's of the rice burning kind! I am an anorak.

Out of interest what's the seat height???
I am not a massive fan of the two stroke... They are nippy mind...but Id love a fantic chopper for pure sillyness!!!.

would be interesting if you could get a picture of it next to its bigger brother.
I have one here of my 400 katana next to its big aircooled brother ..its really funny to see!!!!! like mini me. and the 400 is storming fun.....

ohh i envy you... I would love to see one!

I feel the hatred of rice burners on here...lol.
But if I said here take my grey imported 400 Kat out for a play you'd come back with smile...