PDA

View Full Version : Friday 28th speedway ?

alan c
24-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Shuffy posted up some time ago but i could not find the thread ! we talked about going to Lakeside to watch The Hammers speedway, we talked about this Friday ? did not realise at the time that it was a bank holiday weekend. Just thought i would post up to see if anybody is interested (hope you dont mind Chris).

we can sort out meeting place etc :thumbsup:

Cheers

alan

Albie
24-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Oh go on then put me and caroline down.

J.P
24-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Sorry guys, probably a no for me, but what time is it ????

alan c
24-08-2009, 08:49 PM
www.lakesidehammers.com/

see link above, starts at 8pm - £15 to get in.

Albie hope you are coming in car ?

Albie
24-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Erm yes mate. I have hospital wednesday. I would be fine but it will be dark and dont want to ride there anyhow.:mand:

alan c
26-08-2009, 07:58 PM
anymore for Speedway :flag:

Albie
26-08-2009, 07:59 PM
probs just us then.I will pm Ryan.

alan c
26-08-2009, 08:02 PM
chris is ok as well :thumbsup: should we just meet outside the stadium at 7.30 ?

Albie
26-08-2009, 08:03 PM
chris is ok as well :thumbsup: should we just meet outside the stadium at 7.30 ?

Unless you want a lift yes.

alan c
26-08-2009, 08:05 PM
a lift would be good if it is raining ???

Albie
26-08-2009, 08:11 PM
:biggrin:Are you riding then ??:confused::confused:

Shuffy
27-08-2009, 09:48 AM

Great, sounds like a plan! Didn't Gary want to go as well?

alan c
27-08-2009, 05:03 PM
i sent Gary a text, he is not sure if he can go ???

J.P
27-08-2009, 05:15 PM
I might pop along. Wife not interested, but I've never seen it so will probably be along after 8

Albie
27-08-2009, 05:20 PM
I might pop along. Wife not interested, but I've never seen it so will probably be along after 8
Never been myself but always fancied the noise and excitement. Bit like dog racing but longer. Like to watch it on tv now and again.
Ryan may be coming depends where he's working but will let me know.

gary tompkins
27-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Still not sure if I can make it but will meet you there if I can

Allow extra time for traffic at tunnel - it's been a nightmare at rush hour this week :banghead:

Albie
28-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Were leaving at 6.30 to allow for traffic. Going to eat something there. See you there then.

alan c
28-08-2009, 05:09 PM
i will see you there !

ryanhorton1973
28-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Only just got in from work ! I love my job :thumbsdown:
Never mind eh ! If you guys and gals are going again in the near future then let me know and I will try to make it. Hope you all have a nice evening.

alan c
28-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Well what a great night ! the great summer weather strikes again :thumbsdown:

I met with Albie, Caroline and Chris at the raceway, we had a bit of a chat until the first race started, three laps in and both the hammers riders out at the front, then the guy in third front wheel rises as he powers out of bend and he flips right over :woot: race stoped, five points to hammers :hail:

Then black clouds, heavy rain and everyone moves undercover, albie and caroline put up the brollies and we stand while it pisses down. Rain stops we decide to go and get a coffee, sit and drink coffee and more chat. back outside stand around as the guys on the track go round and round with their tractors to try and remove puddles etc, then over the tanoy MEETING CANCELLED :thumbsdown:

We can use our tickets for the next two fridays, so will post up again.

Albie and Caroline was last seen heading off to IKEA (good idea Albie:scratch:)

Albie
29-08-2009, 08:57 AM
Well what a great night ! the great summer weather strikes again :thumbsdown:

I met with Albie, Caroline and Chris at the raceway, we had a bit of a chat until the first race started, three laps in and both the hammers riders out at the front, then the guy in third front wheel rises as he powers out of bend and he flips right over :woot: race stoped, five points to hammers :hail:

Then black clouds, heavy rain and everyone moves undercover, albie and caroline put up the brollies and we stand while it pisses down. Rain stops we decide to go and get a coffee, sit and drink coffee and more chat. back outside stand around as the guys on the track go round and round with their tractors to try and remove puddles etc, then over the tanoy MEETING CANCELLED :thumbsdown:

We can use our tickets for the next two fridays, so will post up again.

Albie and Caroline was last seen heading off to IKEA (good idea Albie:scratch:)

Yes what a nite. Poxy british summer nite. Great 3 laps of excitement. I was really looking forward to next race. Bad luck to the guys who put an hours worth of effort into regrading the track.
At least next time we can bring chairs.....

Yep she was serious about checking Ikea for a bed for Aidan. Got through the tunnel for free after 10 though.

Until the next time.:D:D

Shuffy
29-08-2009, 11:38 AM
That was the most exciting three laps of speedway I've ever seen...

Oh well, deck chairs and brollys next Friday it is then.

Albie
29-08-2009, 11:57 AM
That was the most exciting three laps of speedway I've ever seen...

Oh well, deck chairs and brollys next Friday it is then.

Caroline said the same. Coming from her comments like that is good. Well exciting. Folding chairs ready to go.

gary tompkins
29-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Oddly enough it didn't rain here in Dartford

Will try and make next one

GULLY
31-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Hi Guys

hope you are all well and not missing to much.
next time you all go let me now and i will come a long have no seen it in years.

hope to see you all soon.
Gully.

Shuffy
31-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Hi Guys

hope you are all well and not missing to much.
next time you all go let me now and i will come a long have no seen it in years.

hope to see you all soon.
Gully.

Hi Gully, I think the plan is to give it a go again this Friday coming (monsoons permitting!). It would be good to see you there if you can make it.

Albie
31-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Yes be good to see you. Bring a seat and a brolly. Also Scrapps probs coming too.