PDA

View Full Version : New owner to be

Thirdway
24-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Hello everyone:yoparty:

I'm up in Darlington and about to buy my first Ducati after years of getting to the point of buying one then reading all the stuff that puts you off. Buyers remorse prior to buying.

After the last two glorius years on a bundle of fun Street Triple I took the plunge and bought a Ducati 1100S.......in red. I just had to have red because it's the only colour for a Ducati IMO.

Pick it up in 3 weeks and looking forward to my first ride :)

Only accesory I could afford was the touring seat. The termis will have to wait until I sell my kidney.

Anyone up this neck of the woods?

Albie
24-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Welcome and a great choice. I got mine in June in white. The red one was £1300 more than the white. I like red but the money I saved got me the cans, touring seat and some carbon fibre. You will find the seat much more comfy.

Have great fun and its a great bike :thumbsup:

Thirdway
24-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Welcome and a great choice. I got mine in June in white. The red one was £1300 more than the white. I like red but the money I saved got me the cans, touring seat and some carbon fibre. You will find the seat much more comfy.

Have great fun and its a great bike :thumbsup:

Your first Ducati ? What did you have previously ?

I'm guessing when you said £1300 more you got a deal on the White one and red don't normally cost more ?

I'm still not keen on the position of the cans on the Monster, they just look a bit low. Wonder if you can get anything that tucks in a bit closer to the seat ?

walpole68
24-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Termis have 2 mounting holes so on the higher position they are pretty high,leos are smaller and more upswept too,after the standard pipes any thing looks good though.

Albie
24-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Your first Ducati ? What did you have previously ?

I'm guessing when you said £1300 more you got a deal on the White one and red don't normally cost more ?

I'm still not keen on the position of the cans on the Monster, they just look a bit low. Wonder if you can get anything that tucks in a bit closer to the seat ?

I had first m900 then s4 and 748 and then got rid of both to get 1100S. It was a deal not to refuse at that price brand new.

The standard cans sound ok but just to big for my liking. Always had termis and got a brand new set on Ebay for £670 and some carbon fibre bargain bits. To use termi top hole you have to use a tail tidy kit. I did mine with an Evotech one and it looks great and £70 cheaper than ducati ones. Take a look in the m1100 section to see our mods so far as they are only just seeming to appear on market. Compare prices before you buy and quality.
Walpole has just splashed out on Rizoma rearsets and gorgeous they are. Some for me one day soon/next year probs.
Do yourself a favour asap and get crash bungs engine and fork. I had a stupid off at around 10 mph and they saved the bike and forks. Broke my gear lever and my collar bone and shoulder. Well worth the £117 from R&G.

Have fun with mods and take time and advice is free.

Arbeia
24-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Hi m8 welcome,i live in south shields so not far from you. I`m recovering from an accident at min but will hopefully get myself a white 1100s next year.
Maybe see you about when i get myself sorted;)

nambduke
25-08-2009, 10:49 AM
.....I'm over in New Marske and often trundle around the NYork moors....Try and make Sunday mornings and mid week through the summer months....keep an eye out on the regional announcement board....

Regards,
Mark

Thirdway
25-08-2009, 09:36 PM
.....I'm over in New Marske and often trundle around the NYork moors....Try and make Sunday mornings and mid week through the summer months....keep an eye out on the regional announcement board....

Regards,
Mark

Trundle and summer months.... words that make me happy :mand:

Trundles, Coffee stops, admiring scenery. That's the sort of riding I like.
Took a group of Triumph Street Triple riders over the 5 passes in the Lakes this summer. Anyone fancy something like that?