PDA

View Full Version : S2R 800 2005 with lots of bits!

SazzaG
24-08-2009, 05:20 PM
SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it's the end of an era, and I've decided to sell my monster. I'm not riding it enough, and me & Rog are investing in a BMW tourer, so I'll be enjoying a bit of comfort for a change!

S2R 800 55 reg (Oct 2005), 6663 miles, tax due 30/09/09, MOT due March 2010

Black/tangerine with orange wheel rim pinstripes

Extra bits:
Cored standard cans (originals available) and they sound lovely!
Decat pipe (cat available if you really want it!)
Open airbox (original available)
Carbon bits - exhaust shield, belt covers, sprocket cover and belly pan (original shield and covers available)
Multistrada mirrors with integral indicators
Tail chop
LED rear light with integral indicators and clear lens
Ventura rack with large luggage (only used a couple of times)
Scooped seat
Anodised black reservoir caps (with Ducati on)

I could put it all back to standard, but quite frankly I can't be bothered! I'll either sell the standard bits with the bike, or separately depending on the price. At a push, I'd take the exhausts off, but I'm not removing the ventura rack.

Last service was done at MOT (March) and belts were done when I bought it (Jan 2008). Never had any problems with it. Walber-tone owned it before me, so it's always been in the club!

I'm looking for £3,600 with all the bits on, plus the standard bits. Make me an offer if you don't want all the extras.

SazzaG
24-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Pics:

http://www.rogandsaz.co.uk/S2R/s2r1.jpg

http://www.rogandsaz.co.uk/S2R/s2r2.jpg

http://www.rogandsaz.co.uk/S2R/s2r3.jpg

http://www.rogandsaz.co.uk/S2R/s2r4.jpg

http://www.rogandsaz.co.uk/S2R/s2r5.jpg

http://www.rogandsaz.co.uk/S2R/s2r6.jpg

singletrack
01-09-2009, 05:29 AM
It's a shame you are selling it Sazza, I can say i have seen this bike and it is lovely -a real bargain!
I got a BMW when I sold my S2R and it is much easier to tour on.
Good luck with the sale ( and let me know next time you are out off road :thumbsup:)

SazzaG
12-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Still for sale! And I really need the room in the garage - the BMW is massive!

Probably going on ebay tomorrow - PM me if you're interested!

Black Bob
12-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Hey, I could always rent you some room in my garage.... let's say.... oooh, 50p a year ?

As a free extra service, I could ride it over to Sussex every Sunday morning to see if you need it that day.... honestly, no extra charge.

:gromit:

benson
13-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Good luck with the sale - which BM are you investing in?

Rogerg
13-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Hi Rache,

We've got a K1200GT which is awesome!

benson
13-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Wow! Enjoy very much !!!:mand:

Gilps
13-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Hi Rache,

We've got a K1200GT which is awesome!

Wow, big fast and comfy, but it's not a Ducati. You off touring?

Black Bob
13-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Hang on.... reading 'tween the lines.....

- Rog buys a K1200GT
- Space gets a bit tight in the garage
- Sazza has to sell the monster

Is it just me or is that SO UNFAIR!!!!!?????

</stirring>

SazzaG
13-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Hang on.... reading 'tween the lines.....

- Rog buys a K1200GT
- Space gets a bit tight in the garage
- Sazza has to sell the monster

Is it just me or is that SO UNFAIR!!!!!?????

</stirring>

Not really Chris - I get a comfy seat, and a chauffeur to take me everywhere!

SazzaG
13-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Wow, big fast and comfy, but it's not a Ducati. You off touring?

Got a little trip to France in a few weeks, then we'll start planning the next ones. Alps will be one, and Scandinavia another. After that, who knows? With 113 litres of luggage, the world (well, Europe at least) is our oyster.

And we're keeping the hyper, so not leaving Ducati ownership completely.

benson
13-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Glad the hyper gets to stay :drunk:

I can really understand the need to rationalise bikes - space and money and time to ride them and do them justice. I've spent most of the year piling miles on the Buell (and it's been a treat in every respect apart from the servicing costs!) - the Hyper and monster really only being used for enjoyment rather than mad commuting except for sunny days when a late start allowed a slower ride on more twisty roads than motorway which is the usual route- - throw into the mix Justine's street triple (which is simply begging to be abused ;)) and you wonder if you'd be better off with a couple of bikes that you use more regularly...

Hope that the new beast brings many smiles and autocom chats about fantastic scenery!!!

SazzaG
02-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Still for sale - now on Fleabay with a revised price and six months tax.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110434613740&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Scootaboy
02-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Man I can't believe how much prices have dropped lately, that's a steal

SazzaG
02-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Wrong time of year to be selling....

But I agree - it's a steal - come on people!

Duke Konan
02-10-2009, 11:24 AM
I may be interested in some of the cosmetic bits if you end up selling them separately!

Semi
02-10-2009, 11:30 AM
I have (tried to) sent you a pm, saying that I would like to take the bike of your hands...

S4Rs-Tone
02-10-2009, 05:18 PM
I have (tried to) sent you a pm, saying that I would like to take the bike of your hands...

Having been the bikes first keeper i would like to say that it was very well looked after , never dropped and that with the alterations still ran perfectly , the tail chop and little plate really help to make it look the part and it sounds stupendous , for those that dont disagree with loud pipes.

SazzaG
02-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Having been the bikes first keeper i would like to say that it was very well looked after , never dropped and that with the alterations still ran perfectly , the tail chop and little plate really help to make it look the part and it sounds stupendous , for those that dont disagree with loud pipes.

Got to agree about the pipes Tone - they do sound amazing!

I've done very few mods (and miles!) since I bought it - a few bits of carbon, and the ventura rack.

And fingers crossed, this time tomorrow it will have a nice new home!

SazzaG
03-10-2009, 08:54 PM
SOLD!

I'm sure she will enjoy her new home in Brighton with the very nice young man, Semi.

And here endeth 6 years of monster ownership....

JMo
03-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Result!

And a shame at the same time...

Now get you bloody Honda fixed!!!

xxx

SazzaG
03-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Now get you bloody Honda fixed!!!

xxx

Yes yes yes, I know, and as I said by PM this morning, it's being sorted!

Blimey, I feel hassled!

JMo
03-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Yes yes yes, I know, and as I said by PM this morning, it's being sorted!

Blimey, I feel hassled!

Hee hee - I was actually angling for a quick plug for Flip and his new workshop actually... dang, I've gone and mentioned it myself!

xxx

SazzaG
03-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Ah, yes, OK, my bike is going to fixed at Cosmic Motorcycles in Littlehampton, aka UKMOC Member Flip

Will that do?

JMo
04-10-2009, 09:05 AM
Ah, yes, OK, my bike is going to fixed at Cosmic Motorcycles in Littlehampton, aka UKMOC Member Flip

Will that do?

You don't mean Flip (aka Phil), that excellent mechanic and electrician and wearer of baggy jumpers over his black and white leathers Crowtree do you?

An independent garage in Littlehampton you say? That is very handy...

I don't suppose you have his phone number do you?

J(not so subliminal advertising)Mo... xxx

Semi
04-10-2009, 06:27 PM
SOLD!

I'm sure she will enjoy her new home in Brighton with the very nice young man, Semi.

And here endeth 6 years of monster ownership....

Yeah, I showed her around her new home this morning. Although, I am starting to doubt it's a she.... very very deep voice!

Anyway, intended to go for a quick spin and ended up missing my appointment with an hour. It's that great!

Mr.Number
09-10-2009, 05:19 PM
How did you go about the tail chop Sazza, did you cut the frame ?

LouSCannon
09-10-2009, 05:29 PM
How did you go about the tail chop Sazza, did you cut the frame ?

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/search.php?searchid=1249365