PDA

View Full Version : breakfast club kent question

uksurfer
24-08-2009, 04:33 PM
i been mulling over with Chris about having a breakfast meet once a month, and i know that you 'kenties' have one and i was wondering how you got on, wether its worthwhile and do you get many people turn up?
ta martin

slob
24-08-2009, 05:41 PM
I've seen as few as 3 in midwinter, more usually approaching a dozen, occasionally more.
J.P, ladybird and I travel down from London quite regularly to meet the guys and go for a rideout.

"If you build it, they will come"

uksurfer
24-08-2009, 06:01 PM
any idea whats best, saturday or sunday, start of month, mid month or end???:idea:

Albie
24-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Originally it was the first sunday. Gary T changed it as he had other commitments that same week so we moved it to the second. Saying that it gives us oppertunity to go to london meet 1st saturday if we want to. We usually get around 8 just for brekkie or if organised trip a dozen +

I summer we sometimes meet midweek at Pub where a lot of clubs meet too.

chris yeatman
24-08-2009, 06:45 PM
i think we need to do something down this way cos as far as i know there isn't any thing.

uksurfer
24-08-2009, 07:49 PM
i reckon we need to find a cafe, maybe stockbridge or winchester area that you can get a good brekkie for a realistic price?
dunno if theres any near MR, then people could eat and go to get there bits and bobs?

alan c
24-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Martin, really worth starting something going, its good to have a monthly meet, there is always a different turnout as people have other comitments, but nice to meet up for chat with others, it works really well in kent.

good luck.

Albie
24-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Im really hoping to ride to next one. In fact Im going to whatever.:eyepopping::eyepopping:

J.P
24-08-2009, 08:42 PM
I would second the comments about starting one.
Yes it can be a bit patchy at times but then we all have lives to get on with but you do need a core of just a few to make it work consistently. It's also an excuse to go for a ride to other meet ups too.

gary tompkins
24-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Uksurfer

Find a nice cafe, pick a date and go for it! :biggrin:

BTW - Is there already an UKMOC rep in the area or is it a vacant post?

Albie
24-08-2009, 09:25 PM
If you dont try to get a group together you wont ever get what we seem to have in Kent. We as a group have evolved because of a bike and at a cafe and got some great friends who go to Arrow mill as a group and to belgium as a group. I still remember I met up with only GT at oakdene on my first time. We are always getting new Kent members by inviting them to join us and welcoming them.

Its great really.

chris yeatman
24-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Uksurfer

good point, who is the hampshire rep?:scratch:

gary tompkins
24-08-2009, 11:22 PM
I still remember I met up with only GT at oakdene on my first time..

I've heard I can have that effect on people :freak:

uksurfer
25-08-2009, 06:10 AM
Uksurfer

Hampshire - Boozy Bob (with Scrumpster, Mad Turnips & Singletrack offering help)

looks like we got 1 rep and 3 helpers in the area, only ever met one of them :(

we'll have too try and get them to organise some stuff maybe, but our regions always been quiet, but, from what i've been told it used to be really busy down here, but things change, and people move, and get other commitments so i'm not sure?

maybe i'll go out and check out some cafes.... yum yum yum

Albie
25-08-2009, 09:29 AM

we'll have too try and get them to organise some stuff maybe, but our regions always been quiet, but, from what i've been told it used to be really busy down here, but things change, and people move, and get other commitments so i'm not sure?

See you said it there. It used to be busy and if you make the effort it will be what it was. Remember the Rep is key to the region but it is not his job to entertain you. You are as vital to doing things and arranging rides and meets as him/her. If they are busy you still go out and not stay indoors.
Thing is your already throwing things into the mix and remember your neighbours in countys and tie in with them every now and then.

We also meet in sussex which is about 40 miles away at a nice cafe.

granite785
25-08-2009, 03:07 PM

Looks like this could be the beginning of a plan. We could work our way around the local area trying different cafes over the next few weeks/ months.:thumbsup:

CK & AK
25-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Dont forget there is a regular Weds meet through the year at Loomies (on the A272 - Meon Hut)
There is also the DSC meet at Popham in the club house on the 2nd Sunday every month.

I'm sure you'll find a good weekend (3rd Sat or Sun maybe) so other folk can get across to join you?

chris yeatman
25-08-2009, 06:00 PM
[QUOTE=CK & AK;317027]Dont forget there is a regular Weds meet through the year at Loomies (on the A272 - Meon Hut)

is there????? :shocked:

CK & AK
25-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Yep - every Weds (including all through last winter) - general bike meet, but a lot of Ducati's get along there - from a few user forums - ISC, Ducatisti, DSC, as well as others :)

CK

kneedown
25-08-2009, 08:59 PM
what about one in surrey or is better to go to one nearby ?????????

uksurfer
25-08-2009, 09:02 PM
you could always join our hampshire one, ur not that far away?

kneedown
25-08-2009, 09:08 PM
i will get up to popham next time if the weather holds ;shame missed that

Stafford
25-08-2009, 09:54 PM
There's a breakfast meet at Riders in Bristol as well, possibly every third Saturday. But I'd be up for longer ride on a nice day for a full English.

CK & AK
26-08-2009, 06:59 AM
what about one in surrey or is better to go to one nearby ?????????

usually a good mix of bikes every Weds evening at Box Hill
Also the Ducatisti meet every 2nd Sat each month from 10.30 till midday there too, all Ducati's welcomed :) There is usually anything from 10 to 40 turning out for this meet - including a few of us with monsters :)

CK

Stuart42
13-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Hi all

How did the cafe testing go?

I did an internet search on Stockbridge and the only one listed didn't get a very good write up.

Did a search on Winchester and there are loads, not sure if they are of the greasy spoon variety, anyone with local knowledge?

Would be good to go for a ride with some fellow Monster owners so hope we can sort something soon?

Cheers
Stuart

uksurfer
13-09-2009, 06:45 PM
hi stuart,
at the moment, theres been no testing done, barbican has offered to come and help test, problem is that i googled the cafes and got nowhere, just need a greasy spoon with some parking...
third sunday of the month sounds good though, think we should start in october, it would then be the 18th? hope by then we might have some ideas of where to meet, you should have come with us today to brighton!

Stuart42
13-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Would've loved to have come but work got in the way.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for postings and cafes and hopefully we'll get something soon.

Cheers
Stuart