PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 23rd Aug 2009

Liz
22-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Anyone out and about tomorrow? Bike fixed - nowhere to go!!

uksurfer
22-08-2009, 11:07 AM
i think popham mega meet is tomorrow??

http://www.popham-airfield.co.uk/Events.htm

JR
22-08-2009, 12:27 PM
It is on my radar to do Popham to-morrow - did it a couple of years ago - lots of nice bikes on show along with aircraft landing on the grass strip made for a nice day. Lost my digi camera on the day, but some kind soul handed it in at the control tower cafe, which restored my faith in human nature, and bike people in particular.

rollo22
22-08-2009, 01:03 PM
There is also the Brackley Festival of Motorcycling.
Looks like lots to see.

CK & AK
22-08-2009, 01:23 PM
It is on my radar to do Popham to-morrow - did it a couple of years ago - lots of nice bikes on show along with aircraft landing on the grass strip made for a nice day. Lost my digi camera on the day, but some kind soul handed it in at the control tower cafe, which restored my faith in human nature, and bike people in particular.

If you do go along JR (and any others from here) do come over & say 'hi' at some point.

AK is taking a whole load of 'stuff' from the garage & stable for the bike jumble - and the 1098s racebike is going on Snells stand.

CK :)

uksurfer
22-08-2009, 01:51 PM
i think i'm going in convoy from southampton with a few bikes, Chris might be along as well, might have a rummage on ur stand

Liz
22-08-2009, 08:08 PM
i think popham mega meet is tomorrow??

Hi Martin,

Hope to make this tomorrow assuming no more disasters!! What time are you hoping to get there?

uksurfer
22-08-2009, 08:17 PM
hi Liz
leaving here about 10ish, should be there about 11.30 i'm guessing, chris i think is coming and i'll be with the man who fixes my bike and a few of his mates, my mrs and littlun are going up in the car maybe to.
I will look out for you when we arrive! You've got my mobile number still?
see you tomorrow :spin:

Liz
22-08-2009, 08:52 PM
hi Liz
leaving here about 10ish, should be there about 11.30 i'm guessing, chris i think is coming and i'll be with the man who fixes my bike and a few of his mates, my mrs and littlun are going up in the car maybe to.
I will look out for you when we arrive! You've got my mobile number still?
see you tomorrow :spin:

Pm'd number!

chris yeatman
22-08-2009, 09:48 PM
yeah r b going up, martin r meet u up there.
wot time r u leving home martin and wot time do u think u will get there?

pm me if any one wants my number

kneedown
22-08-2009, 09:50 PM
where abouts is this far from guildford ?????????

Liz
22-08-2009, 10:00 PM

This is the link - if you go to the home page it gives you maps. It's sort of west of Basingstoke (wherever that is)!

chris yeatman
22-08-2009, 10:01 PM

not sure on mileage, but if u where coming from m3 to the a303 it would be the first exit off a303

chris yeatman
22-08-2009, 10:07 PM

just done an aa route plan from guildford to popham airfield, its 38 miles

uksurfer
23-08-2009, 06:20 AM
hi chris, were leaving shell station at hythe at 10, so i reckon about be 11 or half past mate, not sure if were picking up more people en route. going up through romsey.
See you there, Kneedown, i reckon about an hour from guildford maybe?

chris yeatman
23-08-2009, 07:43 AM
thinking about coming down to ur place and riding with ya

uksurfer
23-08-2009, 08:23 AM
ower services at just after 10 mate :spin:

uksurfer
23-08-2009, 04:14 PM
had a good day out in the sun, met ck & ak, kato (nice bike mate), some one else who i can t remember the name, soz, liz was there getting the duke mended for the return home(where did you go?). wish i'd been there earlier, probably would ave bought some goodies for the winter!
:spin:

chris yeatman
23-08-2009, 04:24 PM
yeah good to meet u all, c u all again soon.

Liz
23-08-2009, 04:34 PM
had a good day out in the sun, met ck & ak, kato (nice bike mate), some one else who i can t remember the name, soz, liz was there getting the duke mended for the return home(where did you go?). wish i'd been there earlier, probably would ave bought some goodies for the winter!
:spin:

I went fairly early - fretting about getting back with nothing else going wrong with the bike or me falling off it! Wasn't relaxed riding today so just went slow and very steady and got back fine! I just need a few more outings without problems to get my confidence levels back up I think (I hope!). :(