PDA

View Full Version : Spares Shack

DaveM
21-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Hi guys
Just wondering about Spares Shack

I have seen them mentioned on this site a few times through reading various threads
I ordered a couple of bits from them and paid via PayPal, I processed the PayPal payment as you would normally do but it seemed to do a currency conversion and the payment is now showing in $ (USD)

Is this the norm? There are so many rip off merchants on the net these days I am starting to wonder if my payment went to the right place as their contact address is Guernsey

Someone please re-assure me my payment receipt is genuine and that I will get my parts :on:

CK & AK
21-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Spareshack is indeed in the Channel Islands fella :)

DaveM
21-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Yes but why would my payment show in USD?

Gilps
22-08-2009, 06:09 AM
Spareshack is indeed in the Channel Islands fella :)

Is that still the case? I know Stuart lives in the CI but I thought he had sold to his mate based in England. I thouht they had then struck some deal with a company in Germany too, some kind of merger.

DaveM
22-08-2009, 06:20 AM
but that still does not explain why the payment for my items was in USD instead of GBP or even EUR

Pedro
22-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Is that still the case? I know Stuart lives in the CI but I thought he had sold to his mate based in England. I thouht they had then struck some deal with a company in Germany too, some kind of merger.

Joe the new owner lives in Guernsey

Dunno about the USD thing - perhaps ringing Joe would be the best thing

DaveM
22-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Just double checked my PayPal receipt and the payment seems it was made to a fella called Joe

still does not explain way it shows in USD, in my opinion there would be no point in it seeing as the pound is the stronger currency and that he is in Guernsey