PDA

View Full Version : Pass light? not working

Scott1
19-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Hello all,

High beam and low beam fine, think you call it a pass light, doesn't work.

Before I go off to the garage and get this checked out, any tips on what the problem might be?

Annoying as it was going in for its MOT today.

Cheers Scott

madhatter
19-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Forgive me asking a basic question....have you had a look at the bulb to see if the filament is broken or blackened?

Scott1
19-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Bulb is fine!

Stafford
19-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Of course the lamp is fine if you have high and low beam, unless of course they now come with three filaments.
Just check at the handlebar switch, mine have a habit of not working then coming back to life through use. Suffice to say I don't use it that often I find the finger works better.

julesbristol
19-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Is this an MOT fail even? If you can make it work by putting the beam on to "high" on the main control and do the same thing as pressing the "pass" button.

I've had all sorts of headlight/sidelight problems on Italian bikes over my life and I find it easiest to go to the MOT bloke straight up and say "this button is meant to do this when you press X but doesn't, but you can get the same effect by doing Y". Might be worth a go.

uksurfer
19-08-2009, 02:19 PM
mines got no 'flash' and it passed?

kneedown
19-08-2009, 02:43 PM
i had this with my first monster the guy that came with it spent about 2/3 hours found a lose wire but do not think it is covered by mot

Scott1
19-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Thanks all, I'll give my usual M.O.T place a call first and find out.

Scott :)

BluprintZ
19-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Mine didn't work either when i bought it...then it did?!!
I don't use mine that often, so maybe it's just a case of under-use?
Doubt if it's an MOT failure though, i expect it depends on the testers opinion.

G : )