PDA

View Full Version : Hello

He11cat
18-08-2009, 01:24 AM
Hi
I pick up my bike this week , decided to ditch the van and ride him the 4 hours home instead and proudly show my Dad my new pet on route. (boy will he be pleased..not).

Bit nervous but sure il be ok. :on:

Seems to be a glut of Bandits and Hogs up here ... just don't float my boat so here goes!

chris yeatman
18-08-2009, 06:18 AM
hi and welcome, good choice about ditching the van.

LouSCannon
18-08-2009, 06:45 AM
Welcome, how did you Dad take it?! :)

kneedown
18-08-2009, 07:02 AM
:biggrin:welcome i know my dad was not very keen but that was a long time ago now

steeevvvooo
18-08-2009, 07:37 AM
I had my mum said just last week “why do you need such a big bike, you can only ride to the speed limit”

My reply was “yeah, but it’s more fun getting there!” :biggrin: :biggrin:

Welcome to the club. Get some pictures up when you can…

Pomp1
18-08-2009, 08:41 AM
hi and welcome.ride "him"?:eek::eek:sure you want to show that to your dad?:mand:

LouSCannon
18-08-2009, 08:53 AM
You've a filthy mind Pomp! ;)

He11cat
18-08-2009, 12:19 PM
He likes his cars lol! hates bikes!

My mum hates it when I turn up on the bike anyway... she told my mechanic friend "cant you tell her it cant be fixed?"(sorry I am no mechanic).... (I heard her!!!) I said er yes it can!! lol.

She loathes bikes...says I am not coming to scrape you off the road young lady!! lol...charming.

I am pretty excited and nervous!! lol Id better insure him!!!!! oooopsss!! I forgot lol!!...
Going to be a little adventure in my otherwise dull life..
Heard the M25 is chaos at the mo both ways ... so better plan a good route back .

Rich750Dark
18-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Hi and welcome. Sproughton where? Not just outside ipswich by any chance?

He11cat
18-08-2009, 12:42 PM
@pomp lol.... ive never been caught by my folks and don't intend to!! lol

Anyway can't find a haynes for that kind of thing...I can't put together a flat pack ... no destructions no can do !!

My Dad lives near Reigate.
I used to camp on Reigate hill when I was a Girl Scout!!... Dib dib dob dob..lol :)

Better go pack some Peppermint Kendal cake and firesticks for the trip round the M25 lol...
I get bike Wednesday... she grins

Hoolie
18-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Hi and welcome - luckily my dad was a biker in his time so has no problem with his daughter having a bike - in fact he alawys tells me to call round on the bike rather than in the car so that he can have a look :cool:
Enjoy the bike and the forum

DaveM
18-08-2009, 08:39 PM
welcome along
I am still quite new here too and just got my first Monster last week, deffinately one of my better decisions ;)

He11cat
21-08-2009, 02:52 AM
well after a near 400 miles round trip we are back..
sadly not good mind.

test rode bike all fine , back brake iffy as was back tyre but I always change tyres and get brakes done with any bike I buy. expected things like that.

rode it about a bit seemed ok .. nothing a miss.

stopped for fuel on way home as was'nt sure how much bike would do..(doh my bikes dont have fuel gauges!!).forgot he has one.

went to set off... dead as a doh doh... no electrics.

10mins later panic setting in and by pure chance a family member spotted me... we giggled bike about i checked stand and eventually lights came on..(must be a short somewhere).

got home... oil leak.. left hand engine cover from top.. gasket must have gone. great....
by now not very happy about this. Id checked the engine and it was clean and dry...

went to start the bike to take it out again.... dead.. again no electrics.. nothing.
Bike is now dead... sold as seen private sale.
Fleabay. I am so mad..

I checked the bike over.. it has a lot of bills with it as well...went through them.
hmmm... sept 2008 starting problems remove the alarm find fault and clean contacts.
So history of a problem!
It did'nt show up when I rode it... or when I went to buy it.. but obviously has had this problem before.
Oil leak... hopefully just a gasket.

sidestand some twit on lowering the bike has not allowed for the stand.. it is lethal.. you can't park naff all places..and I camp alot .. so its never going to stand up.
So stand needs adapting... owner said no its fine its stable.
No its not.. as my last lowered bike same problem..
Also the monster has a nice scuff and dent to prove it ...has been over.. funnily on the leaking oil side.

So got home and now have a dead bike.
It was a lovely ride..but the most expensive 200 mile ride ever..
Im am furious.
like I say rode him .. bloke said great bike.. was a retired man knew his bikes and he picked me up from the station and was hospitable even gave me a tank of fuel... however im sorry must have known this bike has a problem as its on his papers... and i reckon thats why he parked it up and left it..too much dosh to repair il pass it on.
I explained look I dont need a bike with a history of problems. I picked this bike as it had a lot of work done on it... and had been modified to suit me ..saved me a job.
I picked that bike for a reason..and its a total dog he was forth coming to my questions before I brought it.
I wish now the other girl who went to buy it had... cause im bloody sure her husband would have done his absoloute nut... (I don't have that luxury of male back up).
looks nice and cared for.
So my first Monster is a total nightmare...
I hate dishonesty .. and being a lone female rider doing a 400 mile trip its crap.
Someone before when I went to buy a car said to me look I can't lie to you .. had been yakking to him. He said I can't sell it to you... id be telling lies if I said was a great car..said your too nice I just can't do the dirty on you... :( ..
Ive contacted the owner but know il get tough luck sold as seen your problem.
I tried earlier and no responce... so now gone via email ..

im not leaving the guy feed back.. and if he is rude i shall say sadly bike is unridable and now non runner it was so bad.
Mates are like told you so.. dont touch Dukes they are so unreliable .. i argued back said they are not!

My first Monster could'nt even manage 200 miles home...they are rubbing their hands with glee.
took the day off tomorrow to go for a nice coastal ride.. and to go and pick some paint colours.
Now got to figure out how to get this bike to garage 15 miles away..

Only thing I could do is push it down the road and get Rac to get me to a garage (3 hour wait ).
Was a silly gamble.. but all the garage bills seemed in order.. and I said any problems.. oh no lovely bike just not for me...and had ill health.

So bikes now off the road good as useless.

He11cat
21-08-2009, 03:00 AM
How did my Dad take it???
I pulled up and he said " Thats far to big for you get off it at once!". really cross!! ..(The bike lol!!)

singletrack
21-08-2009, 06:59 AM
Sorry to hear about the trouble you have been having - the oil leak may be something simple, as you say.
The starting problems might not be too expennsive either.
Don't lose hope yet.

Do you live near Ipswich?
I'm going to Bramford this weekend - I'll shout "Hi" to you as i pass Sproughton :thumbsup:

He11cat
21-08-2009, 02:39 PM
@ singletrack lol...
Bramford fish and chippy and their deep fried mars bars...had to try one ..bleuuuugh!! grim or what!
and tis true a woman can never have enough bikes... or Boots!..or hidden stashes of chocolate.

We are getting RAC'D to Carls up Harleston... today as its nice and sunny no bloody bike trailers... how crap .
So im going with the bike to Carls tomorrow.. might try risk another bike up to norfolk for a play.
main thing is hear Carl is spot on...and he will give it the love it deserves..spose should be grateful as we are special the RAC said ok you need a Ducati mechanic.. so we will wave the 10 mile thing.
Bugger no pub for me tonight ... lol

Nonnie
23-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Ah! You did do a welcome thread!

Welcome Mate, good to see you here, I'm sure Carl will sort out the issues with the Monster and it'll come in at a reasonable price. I'm about 10 miles from him so give me a shout when you next go and I'll come down and say Hi.
Take care and really nice to have you here.
xxxxxxx

He11cat
23-08-2009, 12:42 PM
will do lol!!
Now I know the way!!! ...
I was asking for the Ducati chap .. and locals gave me bewildered looks.. a what???

finally at the Petrol Garage a bike pulled up... so I asked him.. nodded his head ..nope..

then said "aha you be looking for the motorbike man !" er yeah.. um I am astride one!

turns out its behind the garage isnt it lol....doh!!!!!

Im not going in the pub up there mind!! it could be like the one off American Werewolf... "the slaughtered Lamb!!"..lol

Nonnie
23-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Nobody would fine his place unless they knew exactly where he was!

Never been out in Harleston I have to say but I don't think it's too bad.

Just don't stray off the path!

He11cat
23-08-2009, 02:27 PM
It right tucked away!!

But lovely... I want the MV he has in there... dream on ..

No its ok up there....pretty little town.
till i turned up.... :)

He11cat
26-08-2009, 12:44 PM
get bike back Friday I hope...

Carl Harrison what a star he's fab!!! im well impressed!!!

I had a short and also relay had gone. I said that to RAC man after told on here!!!!!

Oil leak due to last but one owner buying the wrong engine cover for the bike.

Bill was so reasonable that I have asked him to look at lowering my bike down to 26inches .
Its 27inches high at mo but im on tip toes. Im 5ft 1. with 26inch inside leg.

Means a shock change back to a monster shock .. so the pretty purple hagen goes sob..

he needs tyre and re-spray. picked the paint job as well...

But come Friday I get to bring him home ...and I am even more of a social outcast now with this bike...:freak:...

Maybe I should dye my hair back brown and buy a 600 bandit.... ????? :worried:

Nickj
26-08-2009, 01:14 PM
..and I am even more of a social outcast now with this bike...

Wellllll you either conform and join the bland masses or nawww ... not a lot of choice is there really

LOL you don't look like a real conformist anyways

Nickj
26-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Oh I'd leave your hairy back as it is, brown would just draw attention to ...... Opps misread that LOL

He11cat
27-08-2009, 01:42 AM
lol... conform...hmm... hell no!!! lol....

I can't actually recall what colour my hair is!!??
It's kinda browny blonde.
And I like to keep my hairy back matching my hairy chest ... I call myself Dorris and I drive a Artic really.. :P
Can't really see me on a Massey or a Bandit...both of which are the order of the day over in the East (Angula innit) lol. :0)