PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Person With ACU Licence

gremlin
15-08-2009, 04:45 PM
James needs a passenger for his sidecar for Snetterton meet next month. He's possibly having practice tomorrow but I know it's too short notice for anyone for that. He also races it abroad so if he could have a regular person it would save a lot of aggro. I'd go for it but I'm just not fit enough and don't think we can get Clive through in time. If anyone is interested please pm me for details.

Stafford
15-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Wish I did, what a hoot.

gremlin
15-08-2009, 05:25 PM
It does look fun, Clives done it for setting up but he can't race yet, he came back with a big grin though. It's an awesome bit of kit. I can't remember if it's a TL turned into a TR or the other way round, but it's whatever engine Barry Sheene raced and it's putting out around 120 bhp which is way over what it should. Don't think it's been properly set up yet either so gawd knows what it will be after it's been tweeked.
He came 13th out of 28 in his first ever race having never sat in one until a day before the meet, and he had to start two rows behind the back of the grid because one of the chaps who went with him left the qualifying transponder in his pocket so his laps didn't count in qualifying, then next race came second and got fastest lap and the stewards trophy, so he's getting there.

giler
17-08-2009, 08:49 AM
My neighbour maybe interested - he has some experience of classic scooter sidecarsas a passenger and used to club race an r6. He is away until saturday, I will ask then.

Bodybag
18-08-2009, 12:36 AM
Ring Phil Seton at Seton Tuning. I'm sure he won't do it (you never know though with Phil) but he knows loads of the MRO racers as he's a rider rep for Bemsee. He may be able to point you in the right direction. 01206 866400. Tell him Bodybag mentioned him.

gremlin
18-08-2009, 09:37 AM
we know "Fast Phil" very well ...... :)