PDA

View Full Version : Info on a Aviacompositi Rev Counter Wanted

Stafford
15-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Anyone got an installation guide to the Aviacompositi rev counter that fits on older Monnies?
As shown here
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q297/stafford23/CTD01_99.jpg

BluprintZ
15-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Oooh i like that Staff, i would deffo go for one of them, not keen on the CF though.

Nice one,

G : )

Stafford
15-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Nice they are, but this is on Liz_62's bike. Trouble is that it's a bit mental and reads erratically, so I'd to know if there's a fix from the installation instructions. I banned Liz from riding her bike as the chain is completely shot, so it's over here with 5 other Duke's having a holiday awaiting parts. On the up side her charging system seems OK topping out at 14.1V so hopefully just a dry battery causing the explosion.

Nickj
15-08-2009, 08:35 PM
I was thinking of those but couldn't remember the name.
I did look at some circuits to drive the lights, they aren't massively complex. Maybe just a strip wrapped round the top edge of the light cluster block would work

Stafford
15-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Hi Nick, there are three wires from the unit that got to the exciter (I think) just wondered if there was a better place for them to go or if there was a trimmer to calm the dam thing down, it works occasionally then just lights all the way to 10k.

Pedro
15-08-2009, 09:44 PM
if it's reading erractically it's prob a duff connection - I'm pretty sure the wiring is the same as the Road Racing Unit I have on the 900 - pop over if you want to take a look but call first as I've moved!!!

Stafford
15-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Will do cheers pedro.

Nickj
15-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Some like the old datatool revlights only used one pickup, this was then scaled in set up in the IC so it would work with most anything.
This ought to be similar, there'l be one from the distrubter/HT generator, one from the excite/multiplier and a power feed though you'd have thought there'd be a switched feed to the tell tales and one more maybe from the light circuit to dim the LEDS when the lights are on.
Most likely, if it's being erratic and it's a wiring problem, would be the feed from the exciter/multiplier or the distributer end.

Next would be the electronics, the ICs are usually pretty robust, when they fail it's usually totally. There'll be a couple of ICs inside the unit.
A voltage reg chip (8v supply), the lights go on so that is unlikey to be a problem.
A counter chip, that might be a problem. Most likely would be a dry joint.
A few LED drivers, again not likely to be a problem.
It might be worth looking at the circuit boards in the clock set, they ought to be shiny. Dull ones might be dry and give a problem

Nickj
15-08-2009, 10:30 PM
call first as I've moved!!!

Shouldn't the location read 'somewhere else' then? :confused:

seby
20-08-2009, 05:46 PM
try to send an email to Fabio (aviacompositi) he will send you all the info you need

Stafford
20-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Thanks Seby, I'll try.

utopia
13-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Just resurrecting this thread as I'm fitting one of these at the moment and am in need of the same information.
The unit I have is secondhand and the wires are only a few inches long, possibly shortened by a previous owner.
I was told to wire it to one of the ignition boxes, but I'm wondering if I can connect to the multipin connector that feeds the std instrument panel instead.....it looks like my loom might contain the neccessary wires for the later, factory fitted tacho. I was hoping to use these.
Any ideas/info anyone ?
The bike is a Y2K M750, carbed.