PDA

View Full Version : Will a Gel seat help?

BluprintZ
15-08-2009, 09:18 AM
As i am likely to be travelling from North Wales to Hull, from Hull to Belgium, from Belgium to San Morino and then up to Monza for the various F1 and Moto GP rounds throughout September, i was worried about what state me poor old botty is likely to be in, during and after this adventure?
I had a trip up to Rivvy Barn last weekend, although i set off up North on the previous Friday and stayed as usual at my cousins place, the mileage from my place to his was about 114 miles.
When i got there, me arse was a bit numb, so unless i get some form of comfy seat for the Europe trip, i'm going to be spending most of the journey in some pain and discomfort i feel.
So, Gel seats etc, anyone got any advice on this please?

G : )

uksurfer
15-08-2009, 09:24 AM
i think my corbin seat is gel, and i still get a numb ass :banghead:
________
Pissing vid (http://www.****tube.com/categories/31/pissing/videos/1)

Stafford
15-08-2009, 09:40 AM
The DP seat is far better than the standard for long distance work.

rollo22
15-08-2009, 01:57 PM
I agree with Stafford the DP gel takes a lot longer to inflict the num bum syndrome.

LouSCannon
15-08-2009, 04:03 PM
The gel seat stops a lot the vibrations that over time start to ache your joints, I found I could go as long as the bike could between petrol stops once I got the gel seat easily...

BluprintZ
15-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Which one did you get Jim?
I'm a bit confused (dot com), there seems to be quite a few different makes and sizes.

Cheers mi`dears,

G : )

Nickj
15-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Have you considered any of the following?

Lignocaine
Fluffy cushion
Standing on the pegs
Putting the bike on a train
Just being 'wellard' and riding through the pain

I'm so little I have loads of room to fidget around, LOL helped on the IE until halfway through the second tank full. Not sure if the 'new' carbie 750 will be better or worse

Marcustheanimal
15-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Touring cycling shorts. for bicycle that is. should alleviate alittle suffering.

LouSCannon
16-08-2009, 01:58 PM
I got the Ducati Performance gel seat, the little box underneath is bigger (But not by much)... normally loads going on here or eBay cheap.

gary tompkins
16-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Have you considered any of the following?

Lignocaine
Fluffy cushion
Standing on the pegs
Putting the bike on a train
Just being 'wellard' and riding through the pain

I'm so little I have loads of room to fidget around, LOL helped on the IE until halfway through the second tank full. Not sure if the 'new' carbie 750 will be better or worse

You forgot the morphine and anusol

Or you could try getting your dentist to inject your butt before you set off?

I've got the DP gel seat - it's better than factory fit but not a complete cure for numb bum

Paivi
17-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Maybe I've got more padding on my bum, but the DP gel seat is fabulous. I can easily ride all day without having a numb bum.

Maybe fat transplant is the way forward. I can give you some. Oh, all right, then, a lot.