PDA

View Full Version : New Toy New Toy New Toy New Toy

Nickj
12-08-2009, 06:51 PM
At long last my new toy.
It originally lived in Leiston, Suffolk. If anyone knows a Caroline Denny over that way tell her the monster says hi!. Then migrated north to County Durham way.

http://www.friendsofcourselab.info/downloads/cati1.jpg

OK it's yellow, I'm not totally sure about that but theres not much to have repainted. I'll live with it for a while and see if it grows on me.

http://www.friendsofcourselab.info/downloads/cati2.jpg

I was worried with standard pipes it would sound a little fart in a bucket but :D we have cored pipes.

Seems to run nicely but saturday I'll go over it, balance carbs, stick on new belts etc.

Feels soooooooo nice after the FZR :thumbsup:

rac3r
12-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Sweeeet :yoparty:

I've never heard a stock can on a Monster :scratch:

Albie
12-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Looks sweet clean and tidy one. It looks fine in yellow too.

Nickj
12-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Oh yes very very clean, some little scuffs but nothing much for a 9 year old bike.
One great appeal was no complex electronics and a simple reliable mechanical speedo :mand:
The bars I'm defintely dubious about, I may be visiting my local bits and pieces emporium and getting some renthals.
Now I just need one of those fancy parts with the LED bar tacho built in or maybe some mini clocks.

OMG its started already.. modmania :chuckle:

BTW anyone want the shield on it? It's one of those Fabbri things, it's being oiked off at the weekend and ohhhhh some carbons going on

Albie
12-08-2009, 07:32 PM
i loves carbon too. want much more. hope you enjoy it.

Nickj
12-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Sweeeet :yoparty:

I've never heard a stock can on a Monster :scratch:

LOL Its a bit of a disappointment, you fire up the beast and it lets out a sad asthmatic cough :thumbsdown:
They need a bit of snarl

Paivi
12-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Nice bin, Nick!

If you haven't got a clue what I'm talking about, check out this thread on Ducatisti (http://www.ducatisti.co.uk/forum/off-topic/5227-members-bins-multimentals-sulo-120-litres.html). You need to be a member to see all those pics of the gorgeous bins.

Oh, and the bike's not too bad either.

Nickj
12-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Nice bin, Nick!

I inherited it, it's been happily biodegrading away for years now ;) There's so much iron ore in the water around here that it's slow leech into the environment makes not the slightest diference!

It's also been a very handy staging post for cans of old oil destined for the recycling gloop tank. I seem to be changing the oil on something every other week these days :(

chris yeatman
12-08-2009, 08:22 PM
nice, i like it.

Pedro
12-08-2009, 09:11 PM
That hedge needs cutting and your dog needs some new toys too!

mjw
12-08-2009, 09:25 PM
But credit where it's due that is a wicked hanging basket :yoparty:

Nickj
12-08-2009, 09:39 PM
But credit where it's due that is a wicked hanging basket :yoparty:

next years will feature upside down plated matos. You literally plant them upside down though the base of the basket. Put something decorative in the top as normal

DaveM
12-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Congrats on the new toy mate

I know how it feels with getting mine yesterday

kathb
12-08-2009, 11:12 PM
I shall look forward to seeing you go blatting past me again. Though that probably won't be until September now :-)

Snips
12-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Yellow & gold, nice combo :thumbsup:

Congrats!

Stafford
13-08-2009, 12:12 PM
How do you fancy sparkly black Nick?
Nice one BTW

Nickj
13-08-2009, 10:03 PM
How do you fancy sparkly black Nick?
Nice one BTW

Funny you should mention that.. I was thinking of talking to my local spray shop. Then again I might try living with it for a while, might make a nice contrast to a few bits of carbon.

Off down to Riders on Saturday to pick up a new pair of belts as the existing lower one seems to have been been scratching away at the inside of the plastic casing, it looks like it's just the belt position on the main belt drive cog but I'll check the cams shafts float to be on the safe side.