PDA

View Full Version : Today was a good day!

DaveM
11-08-2009, 07:06 PM
As tired as I was from not very much sleep I had woke up at 6.20 this morning and decided to get up, I knew there was no way I was going to get back to sleep. I had the biggest grin on my face for a few reasons, firstly I had a day off work, second the sun was shining and third but probably most importantly I was collecting my Monster this afternoon.

I spent a little while online then decide to catch up on some of the programs I had on the sky+ box. The wife left for work at 8.00 so I decide to get dress and went out to have a look at the car which has been suffering from an air leak this last week after I had it back from the garage, turned out they had not tightened the jubilee clip on the top intercooler hose so that was an easy fix.

Anyway, while working on the carat about 8.50 my mobile rang. Answered it and it was the MD of a company I had applied for a parts managers job with a few weeks back asking me to come in for a chat. Turns out the fella they offered the job to had completely fabricated his CV. We had a chat and then I spent an hour with Tony the bloke I was potentially going to replace, I had to leave at 11.15 for a hospital appointment.

Once I had finished at the hospital I went back to see the MD about how I felt about the job after spending the hour with Tony, but he was not there. I spoke to him on the phone and we arranged to meet at 4.30 so with that I went home for lunch

At 2.30 I got organised and headed out to pick up my bike, drove to Ramsey in the van and it seemed like every one was out to slow me down, I got stuck behind every truck and old bugger out there. Eventually got to Ramsey and collected the bike. I was handed a rather large folder of manuals books and history for the bike, I never got this much with my car, loaded everything in the van and set off back to Crosby.

By this time it was 4.10 and again I seemed to get stuck behind every slow moving vehicle on the roads, once home I had just enough time to put the Monster in the garage and jump in the car to head out for my 4.30 meeting

I got to the meeting on time, just! And the MD was sat there with an offer letter for me. After another half hour 'chat' I left and headed straight to the wifes work to collect a notice letter she has written for me, I took it right over to my current employer and handed it to my boss just as he was leaving for the day.

As soon as I handed him the letter and explained I was looking to leave asap, I left and headed over to collect the invoice for the work done to my car last week.

I finally got home about three quarters of an hour ago to admire and take some pics of my new toy

And here she is
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb81/cupradave/Bike/DSC_0021.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb81/cupradave/Bike/DSC_0019.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb81/cupradave/Bike/DSC_0025.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb81/cupradave/Bike/DSC_0002.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb81/cupradave/Bike/DSC_0003.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb81/cupradave/Bike/DSC_0010.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb81/cupradave/Bike/DSC_0014.jpg

Not been out on her yet as it has been raining this afternoon, but plenty time for that

One thing I did notice on the bike though, the mirrors have a left handed thread. Couldn't fit my Rizoma mirrors as the bolts supplied have a right handed thread :(
Never mind I will get bolts somewhere

So to sum up then

Today I got my Monster
Today I got offered a new job
Today I got to hand my notice in for job I have wanted out of for about a year

I think you could safely say today was a good day :D

ladybird
11-08-2009, 07:15 PM
top darts :) does sound like a good day.

Snips
11-08-2009, 07:15 PM
They have Twitter for that level of detail, you know ;)

Just kiddin', great write up, bike looks super, and thanks for sharing.

They have some nice carbon replacements for the plastic side-panels, but, as you probably know with those Rizomas, it's a slippery slope...

Enjoy the bike - is it true that parts of IoM have no speed limits?

Yorkie
11-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Well done, everyone deserves a good day once in a while!

Yorkie.

DaveM
11-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Cheers folks

is it true that parts of IoM have no speed limits?

Yup, where ever you see a 'national speed limit' sign you are in a derestricted zone :mand:

everyone deserves a good day once in a while!

I think so, it nice to be able to give my family some good news after they decided to move my brother to ICU yesterday

Nickj
11-08-2009, 07:23 PM
If the sun had been shining too .....

Middling day here, I have the day off so of course I can't get mine till tomorrow when I'm working :(

Snips
11-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Yup, where ever you see a 'national speed limit' sign you are in a derestricted zone :mand:

I'm on the next ferry...

DaveM
11-08-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm on the next ferry...

I charge reasonable rates for B&B :D

I have finally decided this evening on what cans I want for the old girl, have also been trawling the Isle of Man cherished numbers list and have found a reg for her so will be calling up for that tomorrow, you will have to wait and see what it is but I think you will all approve :thumbsup:

mjw
11-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Go on don't stop there...what cans.?:chuckle:

Hoolie
11-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Great news Dave and a great bike - good job you didn't know that all that was going to happen today or you definitely wouldn't have got ANY sleep :chuckle:

Ginger
11-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Nice dude. 620ie is a sweet bike.

It's great when it falls together like that. Welcome to the club and enjoy!

vtaggart
11-08-2009, 09:33 PM
What a day Dave

Bike looks brill, 989mls is that it:eek: barely run in.

Is the job in the motortrade? its nice to get days like that.

Get some pictures posted up of the Subaru, is your ex boss looking for someone in Dukes cause if the money was right I would be there in a flash ;)

hope your Bro is okay and gets well soon.

Regards Vince

DaveM
12-08-2009, 06:22 AM
Thanks folks

mjw, I am going to keep the can plans for the bike under wraps for now, and the private reg too until it is on the bike. You will see soon enough though ;)

Didn't get much sleep last night either Hoolie, so much to try and take in in one day. I dont think I have ever in my life had a day where so much happened at once.

Cheers Ginger :thumbsup:

Hey Vince, yeah just 989 miles on the bike. It is in awesome condition. I am extremely pleased with it.

The new job is in the motor trade, it is the parts managers position at the islands Subaru, Hyundai and Izuzu dealership. I am sure they will need to replace me at Duke somehow but not sure how they would do it. They will have to do it internally for now because I am wanting to leave so soon.

This is my car
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb81/cupradave/My%20Scoob/CupraDave31.jpg

I have had the scooby 2 years and it is deffinately the best car I have owned. I know it is a bit of a love it or hate it car and has a bit of a reputation as a chav wagon but the driving experience is like nothing else I have driven, and on the ialsnd with the roads we have in my opinion it is one of the, if not THE best car to own over here

My brother is still in isolation in ICU but we are hopeful he will pull through, the medication they are giving him is not kicking in and he has been in there for a week. My mum said the docs were going to try some different medication and see if that works. They have given him a coure of Tamiflu injections and they dont seem to have been much help.
The problem is now that his wife is showing symtoms of a flu like virus so she cant visit him and risk giving him a new virus. The hospital have not tested her for swine flu yet so dont know what will happen. I am sure they will be fine.

gremlin
12-08-2009, 07:36 AM
So nice to hear so much good news! Scoobies are the wotsits, and I could imagine it would be fun on your roads. I worked in a dealership briefly, absolute bastids but the up side was being able to drive the cars sometimes. The bike looks stunning and it will be brillant being able to do the course on it. Hope your brother picks up soon, it does seem to hit some people quite hard, he's in the best place thoug, keeping fingers crossed for you both

DaveM
12-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Thanks Gremlin, cant wait to throw the bike round the TT circuit

I know my bro is in the best place and they are doing all they can for him but it angers us all how long it actually took the docs to do anything about it and send him to the hospital :mad:

DaveM
12-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Just called up and the personal plate I want for the bike is available so it has been reserved with my name on it and I will be going to pay for it at lunch time. Your gonna love it when you see it :woot:

DaveM
12-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Well I managed to slope off a bit early to go out and get my plate for the Monster
Now it belongs to me and no one else can pinch it I cant keep it to myself any longer

M620 MAN

How cool is that? :mand:

Albie
12-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Thats very cool. The bike looks nice Dave. Love your scooby too. I will own one some day.

I could get a plate but I think a grands extreme for a bike. V2 ALB nice number but lots of money for bits.

Have fun and hope I can make IOM next year.

DaveM
12-08-2009, 10:52 AM
You will hate me for the price I paid for that plate

£67

Yup thats right just 67 quid :D

Albie
12-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Your right I DO HATE YOU.:cry::cry::cry:

Cant knock the deal. Absolute bargain.

Oh and I hope your brothers doing ok. This time last year my brother was fighting for his life for 3 months with legionaires disease. He's absolutely fine now and restoring tanks and trucks.

DaveM
15-08-2009, 05:51 AM
Got the retension certificate through for the plate yesterday so as soon as I can get down to re-register the bike the plate will be transferred :woot:

Grumpy
15-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Yust noticed Dave, that in one of your earlier posts', you've offered B&B on the IOM !!!
I'd be careful, you'll have most of the club wanting to come over for the TT.
, and i'd be head of the que!:biggrin:
I've been to the TT several times, the island is stunning, the people are so friendly, Bushys beer is a lovely pint and the racing is spectacular!Those guys have the biggest cahonas!!
Know you've been bitten by the monster bug, it will never leave you. Enjoy!!!

gremlin
15-08-2009, 09:53 PM
I was wondering how big his garden is our tent sleeps up to 15 alledgedly think it would be a bit too cosy for my liking, just us two and the bikes was enough on hols!

DaveM
15-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Guys I have room in the room

ha ha

I am really pisssed willl reply in the morning

vtaggart
16-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Well done on getting the plate Dave, car is the business BTW.

Vince

DaveM
17-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Apologies for the useless reply the other day. I knew I posted something but couldnt find it yeasterday

Ordinarily I would have room to accomodate a few but I have 5 fellas booked to stop with us next year.
If you have a smaller tent than a 15 man thing you could pitch it in the garden or sleep in the summer house LOL

If you are serious about coming over let me know and I will see if anyone I know has space, the other thing is to look on www.gov.im and check out homestay. Homestay is where you pay to stop in someones house, it is cheaper than a hotel and obviously better than camping

Oh and cheers Vince ;)

Albie
17-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Apologies for the useless reply the other day. I knew I posted something but couldnt find it yeasterday

Ordinarily I would have room to accomodate a few but I have 5 fellas booked to stop with us next year.
If you have a smaller tent than a 15 man thing you could pitch it in the garden or sleep in the summer house LOL

If you are serious about coming over let me know and I will see if anyone I know has space, the other thing is to look on www.gov.im and check out homestay. Homestay is where you pay to stop in someones house, it is cheaper than a hotel and obviously better than camping

Oh and cheers Vince ;)

Always good to know.

Grumpy
17-08-2009, 07:59 PM
I've used home stay the last time on the island, and I was very impressed. The home owners where welcoming and obliging in helping me with tracing a part for my Guzzi from a supplier on the island.
As for access to the property, the just gave me a key and asked that if I came back 'in the wee hours' to not make to much noise. Oh the price included a full cooked breakfast!!:biggrin:

DaveM
17-08-2009, 09:07 PM
As for access to the property, they just gave me a key and asked that if I came back 'in the wee hours' to not make to much noise

Thats generally what the Mrs and I do too although we dont cook the breakfast but everything is there for the folks staying to help themselves

And the best bit for us home owners is that it is tax free money :mand: