PDA

View Full Version : Ginger's Tour

Ginger
10-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Hello people,

I know that I may have mentioned this to one or two of you but all is confirmed and this is what is going to happen.

I live in the southwest and I going to be doing my first tour of the UK. Doing it on a shoe-string budget so only doing a couple of days as I am riding 2-up and with the weather as it is I am hoping not to be caught out too much!

I am leaving with the south-west with mrs on Monday morning and heading to the first destination which is Oxford. Hoping to pass through Swindon and maybe Bristol so let me know if you fancy meeting up in the area.
The second day we are heading to Pontypool via Cheltenham then back home on Wednesday.

Not a massive tour but It'll give me an opertunity to give the monster a run. If anyone fancies riding with me for part of the journey get in touch because that would be great. I am hoping to write an account of the tales next week to let you know how the tour goes. Should be a bit of fun.

See you on the roads.

Ginger

DaffyDuc
11-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Enjoy the trip, we've trying to get 3 'nice' days together for ages. I'll even settle for cloudy. If you're planning the A420 from Swindon to Oxford there are temporary traffic lights between Swindon and Shrivenham. Utter nightmare before 9am. Queue often back to Swindon ('bout 4 miles). I'm cutting through lanes off A419 to avoid them. Should be OK on bike but thought I'd let you know.

Ginger
12-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Cheers buddy. Really appreciate it. I'll look out for that when I'm up there. :D

giler
13-08-2009, 08:29 AM
Cheers buddy. Really appreciate it. I'll look out for that when I'm up there. :D

When you planning to be coming through Swindon?

Ginger
13-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Hey Giler I am thinking Monday mid-morning. Are you about?