PDA

View Full Version : Colour of indicator flashes.

Space Cadet
03-08-2009, 08:58 PM
What's the law regarding colour of indicator flashes?

My original lenses were orange which I've replaced with clears, the clear lenses came with orange bulbs so I put these in, but what's to stop me putting the original clear bulbs in with the clear lenses??

I think some cars have clear indicators when they flash.

Scootaboy
03-08-2009, 09:10 PM
99.9% sure it has to be orange/amber flashes

LVC
03-08-2009, 09:29 PM
I believe the UK law states orange/amber for indicators :mad:

My Z has white front ones - but then it also has Police strobes and green LED's and isn't in the UK anymore anyway :banghead:

PhilLew
04-08-2009, 08:02 AM
They have to flash amber, but if you're trying to get rid of that 'fried egg' look of having amber bulbs behind clear lenses you could look at those chromed bulbs which light up amber.

My son has them on his Saxo and they look a lot better than the amber originals

Good luck

Space Cadet
04-08-2009, 10:13 AM
They have to flash amber, but if you're trying to get rid of that 'fried egg' look of having amber bulbs behind clear lenses you could look at those chromed bulbs which light up amber.

Good luck

Thanks, that’s a good idea, I’ll pick some up at the weekend.

Does anyone happen to know off the top of their head what size bulbs they are in a 2005 620??

slob
04-08-2009, 10:46 AM
I believe it's illegal to show a white light (other than a reversing light) on the rear of a vehicle.
So even a badly cracked tail light lense *should* be a nick.
I painted some clear bulbs amber with special paint, when I couldn't get micro indicator bulbs in amber,
The bike failed an MOT a couple of years later, once the heat of the bulbs had burnt the paint off, luckily electrical re-tests were free.

Scootaboy
04-08-2009, 10:57 AM

Good luck

I got them with my clear lense kit. They were about a third of the brightness (correct voltage/wattage though) and while they look better they were utterly useless imho, but its up to you...