PDA

View Full Version : My First Trackday - Cadwell Park

LouSCannon
03-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Only just got back from a very tiring ride home from Cadwell, and what a day!

Fantastic track, brilliant weather and all the UKMOC members got round without incident (I hope, there was one last session when I decided to head home).

My first time on a track and I loved it, no knee down but the toe pegs and side stand got a fair scrape now and again, and my tyres are now pretty well scrubbed.

My last session was excellent, once I got past a Honda that was constantly quicker then me in the straights despite me being all over the back of it in the corners it felt like I had the track to myself. Only person I saw overtake me was an instructor with a quick thumbs up. Everything clicked in to place and I had smooth lap after smooth lap, felt brilliant, but that last session wiped me out, and given the journey home I thought I'd do what a few others did and end on a high (And while I still and rubber to get me home)!

Had one moment where I put my life in my bikes hands (First right hander after the long back straight) as I thought I was carrying far too much speed but decided to hang on and go for it and sure enough the bike had plenty to give while I was praying to the first god that came to mind!

Definitely got a taste for it, and although having a lack of power on the straights I still love my little 695 although after the absolute throttling I gave her on some of my fast laps I don't think she's going to be speaking to me for a little while. I was starting to think out what performance mods I could do during the ride home! :)

Recommend it to anyone, I feel so much more confident on the bike now, especially at speed.

Hope everyone else got home OK, I'm off for a well deserved bath, beer and a substantial amount of food!

Finally, thanks again J.P. for pulling it altogether, it's much easier and more fun to do this sort of thing with a group.

PS - Got some great pictures of the guys in the intermediate group, will go through them and post them over the next day or two, 150+ to get through!!

Albie
03-08-2009, 06:47 PM
glad you had fun and all had a safe day. look forward to pics.:mand::mand:

pegboy
03-08-2009, 08:49 PM
You did look really smooth through the corners that i saw, looked very good, well done on your first track day.

Great to see other monster too.

Fantastic track, brilliant weather and all the UKMOC members got round without incident (I hope, there was one last session when I decided to head home).

My first time on a track and I loved it, no knee down but the toe pegs and side stand got a fair scrape now and again, and my tyres are now pretty well scrubbed.

My last session was excellent, once I got past a Honda that was constantly quicker then me in the straights despite me being all over the back of it in the corners it felt like I had the track to myself. Only person I saw overtake me was an instructor with a quick thumbs up. Everything clicked in to place and I had smooth lap after smooth lap, felt brilliant, but that last session wiped me out, and given the journey home I thought I'd do what a few others did and end on a high (And while I still and rubber to get me home)!

Had one moment where I put my life in my bikes hands (First right hander after the long back straight) as I thought I was carrying far too much speed but decided to hang on and go for it and sure enough the bike had plenty to give while I was praying to the first god that came to mind!

Definitely got a taste for it, and although having a lack of power on the straights I still love my little 695 although after the absolute throttling I gave her on some of my fast laps I don't think she's going to be speaking to me for a little while. I was starting to think out what performance mods I could do during the ride home! :)

Recommend it to anyone, I feel so much more confident on the bike now, especially at speed.

Hope everyone else got home OK, I'm off for a well deserved bath, beer and a substantial amount of food!

Finally, thanks again J.P. for pulling it altogether, it's much easier and more fun to do this sort of thing with a group.

PS - Got some great pictures of the guys in the intermediate group, will go through them and post them over the next day or two, 150+ to get through!!

BluprintZ
03-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Brilliant Jim, glad you enjoyed it mate.
Maybe i'll get around to doing one someday, they have them on Anglesey circuit, soooo....!
Well done to you all, da iawn!

G : )

scrapps
03-08-2009, 09:51 PM
just got home. had a great day and was suprised how well my 16yr old ss did in the inters. well done to all the 1st timers you looked very smooth and fast by the end of the day.:thumbsup:
thanks to J.P. for booking and sorting the trackday. time for a well needed cuppa

MonstaChicky
04-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Awwww...I'm so jealous! Cadwell is a lovely track isn't it?...my Monster loved it too :)

scrapps
04-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Yes its a stunning track and we have been lucky with the weather both visit. when can i book for next year ?:flag:

ducmon83
04-08-2009, 03:41 PM
it's a must! would really advise doing it if you're considering..

a fantastic day. and a great track! (think i may have been spoiled for first TD!)

LouSCannon
04-08-2009, 07:26 PM
think i may have been spoiled for first TD!

That crossed my mind too (Good meeting you btw)!

Going to contact Gary at Rapid Training about some actual training days as from the few brief chats I had their instructors seemed to know what they were talking about...

ladybird
04-08-2009, 08:32 PM
I was definitely doing it wrong, which one was Gary?
I still have petrol in my tank from when I filled up ... 140 miles and counting :)

Nookx
04-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Sounds like you had a mint time. I experienced the same problem when I did a track day on my M600, just havnee got the poower cptn... n all over them int corners.lol my toes rubbin ont tarmac worried my now and again.:spin:

Albie
04-08-2009, 08:59 PM
I was definitely doing it wrong, which one was Gary?
I still have petrol in my tank from when I filled up ... 140 miles and counting :)

blimey thats economy. l your first track day is always nervous. seems like you were worried more about others around you. you need to relax next time and enjoy. do another and you will end up like scrapps

Raz
04-08-2009, 11:21 PM

Fantastic track, brilliant weather and all the UKMOC members got round without incident ............

Echo thanks to J.P. for organising - Excellent day and everyone great company.
Look forward to seeing the pics.