PDA

View Full Version : Better start saving!

rac3r
03-08-2009, 11:51 AM
I have just discovered the world of personalising my Monster! I never knew there were so many parts you could get. I've just spent the last few minutes drooling over the Rizoma web site, I can't wait :spin:

Better start saving though cos it aint cheap :chuckle:

Anyone recommend and good sites/mods?

Nonnie
03-08-2009, 12:08 PM
(Sharp inhalation)

Oooooh that's gonna be expensive.

Bling bling, mmmmmmmm Rizoma

Bodybag
03-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Haha, another owner gets biten by the mod bug!! :D

rac3r
03-08-2009, 01:03 PM
I've had an idea for a long time which is to fit the newer style Aprilia Tuono headlight but i'm not sure how it would look. I'm not a big fan of all those streetfighter style lights, i'd prefer a stock headlight from a Tuono or the newer Monsters...

Captain Caveman
03-08-2009, 01:46 PM
yep, it can get costly... :)

other than the carbon termis, filter and ECU, i've not done much to mine yet, but been fitting a couple more R&G bits recently (bar ends, fork protectors), and have added the Ducati Performance tail bag to go with the tank bag, but my current planned 'to do list' - mostly just Ducati Performance items (carbon belt/sprocket covers, exhaust shields and guard and front and rear mudguards, retro panels, full tail tidy, different mirrors and indicators) - is running at nearly £1500 to spend on parts :eek:

...and that's before i start considering the 'dream to do list ' - rizoma rearsets, ohlins forks/damper, engine work, BST carbon or Marchesini mag wheels...the list could go on... :dizzy::freak:

fun though :mand:

(edit: oh yep, forgot about the carbon tank strip, key surround etc. included in that £1500)

rac3r
03-08-2009, 02:07 PM

other than the carbon termis, filter and ECU, i've not done much to mine yet, but been fitting a couple more R&G bits recently (bar ends, fork protectors), and have added the Ducati Performance tail bag to go with the tank bag, but my current planned 'to do list' - mostly just Ducati Performance items (carbon belt/sprocket covers, exhaust shields and guard and front and rear mudguards, retro panels, full tail tidy, different mirrors and indicators) - is running at nearly £1500 to spend on parts :eek:

...and that's before i start considering the 'dream to do list ' - rizoma rearsets, ohlins forks/damper, engine work, BST carbon or Marchesini mag wheels...the list could go on... :dizzy::freak:

(edit: oh yep, forgot about the carbon tank strip, key surround etc. included in that £1500)

:mand:

If I had the money my Monster would probably be all rizoma'd out!

I have to keep telling my self 'one bit at a time, you don't have the money' haha

and i've only had the bike a few days! :eek:

Captain Caveman
03-08-2009, 03:52 PM
:mand:

If I had the money my Monster would probably be all rizoma'd out!

I have to keep telling my self 'one bit at a time, you don't have the money' haha

and i've only had the bike a few days! :eek:
i probably should confess at this point i've currently got pazzo levers on order from my local dealer...lol

rac3r
03-08-2009, 04:08 PM
i probably should confess at this point i've currently got pazzo levers on order from my local dealer...lol

:eek: I was looking at those a minute ago thinking about what colour combination to go for and if I want short or long :chuckle:

Albie
03-08-2009, 04:28 PM

dont forget the carbon oil cooler shrouds and headlight cover.

walpole68
03-08-2009, 04:42 PM
[

Dream list £5000+ You could end up with a £12000 696 !

(

Blah blah
03-08-2009, 07:08 PM

... is running at nearly £1500 to spend on parts :eek:

Kin L, that's more than I bought my whole bike for :yoparty:

h-o-w-e-v-e-r, I have since bought DP tea tray, rear hugger, carbon front guard, Goodridge hoses, K+N, stage 2 dynajet, oberon mirrors, and I've got a wish list.....

Captain Caveman
03-08-2009, 07:21 PM
dont forget the carbon oil cooler shrouds and headlight cover.

yep, lol...my dealer said if i got the lot done at once, they might throw in a £4 Ducati Corse gel badge for the middle of the carbon front mudguard! :chuckle:

Captain Caveman
03-08-2009, 07:24 PM
[

Dream list £5000+ You could end up with a £12000 696 !

(

well, at least it'd be unique - dunno anyone else insane enough... ;)

Albie
03-08-2009, 07:28 PM
bargain. i have spent around £1500 already. mind you would have been £2000 had not got some ebay bargains.:mand:

rac3r
03-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Does anyone know if the 696 headlight would fit my 04 620?

walpole68
03-08-2009, 07:57 PM
bargain. i have spent around £1500 already. mind you would have been £2000 had not got some ebay bargains.:mand:

Im too scared to add it up,oh well no point in stopping just yet.The credit crunch isnt over yet.Im doing my best to lift the economy !

Albie
03-08-2009, 08:08 PM
dont be scared. its investment. ;);)

singletrack
04-08-2009, 12:30 PM
I don't know if the new headlight will fit - but it has got to be worth trying.

It's about time you showed everyone a photo of yor new bike rac3r :mand: Have you ridden it yet? Let's have a review of your first ride.

Albie
04-08-2009, 01:44 PM
I don't know if the new headlight will fit - but it has got to be worth trying.

It's about time you showed everyone a photo of yor new bike rac3r :mand: Have you ridden it yet? Let's have a review of your first ride.

headlamp really quite simple removal. hangs off 2 mounts and bolts. had to take off to put carbon top on it. yes how tarty :woot:

walpole68
04-08-2009, 02:15 PM
had to take off to put carbon top on it. yes how tarty :woot:

Really,did mine with light in place,guess you just wanted to have a look behind see whats in there.

Albie
04-08-2009, 02:22 PM
how did you get to centre screw. have you a ferret.:biggrin::biggrin:

walpole68
04-08-2009, 02:25 PM
how did you get to centre screw. have you a ferret.:biggrin::biggrin:

Fingers like E.T !! and 25K worth of snap on tools !

Speaking of rizoma bling,my rearsets have just arrived...yippee,no more ulgy cast footrest hangers.

Albie
04-08-2009, 02:56 PM
oh great you just upset me again. :hissy::hissy:

oh by the way have you seen the others on ebay from italy. post a nice pic when fitted then you sod.:look::look:

walpole68
04-08-2009, 03:01 PM
oh great you just upset me again. :hissy::hissy:

oh by the way have you seen the others on ebay from italy. post a nice pic when fitted then you sod.:look::look:

pics will be up next week as im working the next 10 days.Yes i have seen the others which are a good price but they dont cover up the existing lower mounting holes which looks very unfinished,the rizoma ones are the only ones that really look like they were made for the bike.Dont mean to upset you Albie,having seen your old bike on sunday im sure you will make your new bike into something special.

Albie
04-08-2009, 03:08 PM
pics will be up next week as im working the next 10 days.Yes i have seen the others which are a good price but they dont cover up the existing lower mounting holes which looks very unfinished,the rizoma ones are the only ones that really look like they were made for the bike.Dont mean to upset you Albie,having seen your old bike on sunday im sure you will make your new bike into something special.

Im ok really:chuckle::chuckle:.. Ahh the old s4. TBH dont miss her as m1100 is so beautiful. I keep seeing different lines that never noticed. The grooves that run down the tank and through seat cover. Tail tidy looks so tidy. New plate on way.

Looks like Martin is enjoying s4 and why not.

Rizoma ones look better. Maybe in market for some in not so distant future.

rac3r
05-08-2009, 04:13 PM
I thought I posted about my first ride already? Anyway, on friday I had a bit of time and took it out for short ride (few miles not far) and WOW even restricted it was so fast it scared me lol , brakes felt solid in comparison to the spongy ones I was used to. Another thing I found a bit weird was the riding position. To sum it up it was fun, scary but fun.

I took it out again on the sunday for longer 20 mile ride on some slightly twisty nsl roads, now that was awesome! I felt so much more comfortable on the bike and enjoyed every bit of it. However I still corner like a snail lol . I cant wait to ride it again when im back from holiday.

I was also amazed at how easy it is in traffic, almost the same as the cbr.

At the moment rosso corse have fitted a temp throttle stop until the proper restrictor kit arrives. Do I have to have the proper kit because i'm happy with the current one?

DaveM
05-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Oh no!!

Thats great, just great!!

I dont pick up my bike until next week but I am already compiling a Rizoma to do list

Thanks guys, thanks a lot! :worried:

:idea:

Looks like I am going to have to sell the wife ;)