PDA

View Full Version : Traffic branch on the A2 coast road

hydromonkey
02-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Hi all

Was out for my usual run round the A2 coast road this morning and meat an unusual amount of police bikes. On the way home I found out why. While cursing through a village, in traffic, I glanced in my mirror to see blue lights closing in on me. I pulled over hoping that it would go by but no joy. :cry:

So 3 points and £60 later, lets just say I will be a bit more careful in the 30 zones. I am not annoyed at being pulled and have no one to blame but myself. While stopped I was told to spread the word that there is a big clamp down on speed on the coast, in particular bikes. So you have been warned.

It could have been worse as he took a long look at the open termis.:look:

Smicker
04-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Hi Hydromonkey - I was also on the coast road on Sunday morning. Came accross 3 police bikers complete with radars.

I was travelling north up the coast - did I see you going in the opposite direction? I saw a red Monster (S2R 800/1000). Cannot remember the time - say 12/1-ish? I was on a silver BMW R1200RT (don't hold that against me!).

hydromonkey
05-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Hi Smicker, that was probably me pre getting stopped.

scrapps
05-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Hi all

Was out for my usual run round the A2 coast road this morning and meat an unusual amount of police bikes. On the way home I found out why. While cursing through a village, in traffic, I glanced in my mirror to see blue lights closing in on me. I pulled over hoping that it would go by but no joy. :cry:

So 3 points and £60 later, lets just say I will be a bit more careful in the 30 zones. I am not annoyed at being pulled and have no one to blame but myself. While stopped I was told to spread the word that there is a big clamp down on speed on the coast, in particular bikes. So you have been warned.

It could have been worse as he took a long look at the open termis.:look:

sorry to hear you got 3 points and a fine.but its nice to see someone say fair cop i did wrong. so many people post up how unfair etc when they are caught and bitch at the cops. if you don't want a ticket stay legal.
I was pulled on my way home from cadwell and was lucky to just get a caution, i was doing wrong (80mph with a trailer) and was lucky i was overtaking when they followed me. if i got a ticket it would have been my fault.

vtaggart
09-08-2009, 09:34 PM
sorry to read this mate,

What village did they catch you? they watch Waterfoot a lot. Have seen them quite a lot this summer likely due to the amount of serious accidents over the last few months, keep safe.

Vince

hydromonkey
10-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Hi Vince

They caught me going through Ballyvoy, but it took them to near Ballycastle to catch me up due to traffic. I had followed the coast road all the way round to Larne and was on the way back when I got caught. I had seen them several times on the road down and on the way back so should have been more careful, but got stuck in a queue of cars and had switched off a bit. I could use the "why pull the only bike in a row of cars" excuse but it does not change the fact that I was doing the speed in the first place. I don't blame them for focusing on bike as that road is becoming a bit of a race track.

I think I will let them win this one as I will be giving coast road a miss at the weekends. The Traffic was taking a lot of the fun out of it any way and if the police are going to be focusing on bike on that road it is not worth the risk.