PDA

View Full Version : mechanic tools

jokerduke
02-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Hi Monsters!

I have started to do some maintenance to my old and pretty Ducati M900 '97.

I am wondering if someone can give me the address of a shop in London where is possible to buy a stand rear and a chain cutter and riveter.

DUCATI INSIDE!

simons
02-08-2009, 12:03 PM
You are probably best off with an abba stand, they can be got directly from abba. I have one and am very happy with it. Its very stable and with the back wheel in the air you can easily lift the front of the bike with a car jack. Most bike shops stock chain splitter/riveter kits, like the motrax one, which do the job, but if i was to do the job more than few times, i would invest in something a bit sturdier. Best thing for cutting old chain or removing heads of chain pins is a 4 inch angle grinder, get a good one like a bosch or metabo and it will last you for life and is one most versitile tools you can have. If you have lots of time and the patience of a saint a dremmel will do the same job.

jokerduke
02-08-2009, 03:21 PM
Thank you very much. In Italy I have one grinder (not from bosh but it works well too) but I've never used to cut a chain. I always tough I would be too rough!hihihihhi
Anyway, I'm going to check for abba.

Thanks mate

Albie
02-08-2009, 03:30 PM
your better off buying river tool to unrivet and rivet chains. try here on ebay or a local hein gericke maybe

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1311&_nkw=motorcycle+chain+riveter&_sacat=See-All-Categories

jokerduke
02-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the link.

But there is nobody that knows a good shop in London? At this point it is just curiosity...

Ps: first day after maintenance: so great!!!

crust
02-08-2009, 09:31 PM
There's loads of shops in London

Why dont you narrow it down a bit which area/part of London are you in?

:) crust

jokerduke
05-08-2009, 06:34 AM
Hey Crust,

may be you can give a suggestion. I live in Fulham, do you know some good shop for tools and parts?

Thanks

Jkd

crust
07-08-2009, 07:19 PM
For tools I always used to use these guys when I lived in London and have ridden up to London to get stuff.

http://www.grizard.co.uk/

They always used to have a good selection of top quality tools, not always the cheapest but I'm still usung them too many years later and they dont round off bolts.

As for parts, I always buy mine ftom Moto Rapido, very helpfull, give UKMOC discount.

Pretty much always arrive next day.

:) crust