PDA

View Full Version : M1100S Colour Therapy'd

MON
31-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Well, I've finally succumbed to the "fashionable" pearl white.

Although I like some of the other colours available, most don't go well with the red frame and I've always liked the S4RS in white with a red frame, so I thought I'd do something similar.

Considering what's in the kit, it makes the individual panels look rather expensive, as the whole lot, including the front mudguard I didn't fit was less than the two tank panels when bought separately.

I've also revamped my oil cooler cover with a carbon one, with gold mesh to protect the matrix.

It's not all finished quite yet, I've have one more addition, but that won't be ready for another couple of weeks.

PDL
31-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmm, nice in white. I also like the mudgaurd and nice touch with the red white and green on the fairing.

Albie
31-07-2009, 03:56 PM
oh im so jealous you got the red frame. thats the look im after. i do like the carbon oil cooler inner. i have the outsides. did you get off german ebay.

also whats the price for colour therapy. want black as well.

MON
31-07-2009, 05:14 PM
oh im so jealous you got the red frame. thats the look im after. i do like the carbon oil cooler inner. i have the outsides. did you get off german ebay.

also whats the price for colour therapy. want black as well.

Thanks Albie.

The carbon oil cooler covers are from Germany. They're decent quality, but still took a little careful modification with a Dremel to get them to fit properly. I also had to use different bolts to fit the rectifier. Otherwise I'm very happy with them.

The Colour Therapy kits are £380 inc. vat. For that you get the nose, pillion seat cover, the tank panels and a front mudguard. There is a colour chart at Ducati dealers, but what it doesn't show is that the white and black are also available. Considering each side of the tank retails at approx. £150 per side, the kits are pretty good value by Ducati standards and could make the basis of some pretty interesting specials. I did consider doing something with the blue one along the lines of the Smrz Guandalini Racing SBK bike, but the red frame would've clashed and as I posted earlier, I love the S4RS in white with a red frame.

Yorkie
31-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Benetton bikes then! Different coloured panels all round ........ Mmmmmmmmmm!

They are like big airfix bikes!

Yorkie

Albie
31-07-2009, 05:28 PM
i also fitted rectifier side today. good quality carbon but i had to fettle the piece where the centre pushes in. also as you say the standard bolts are m6 and i had to run a m5 tap through as was not cleared through. i think some resin was left in there. look great but lacks the centre. going to get one of those.

good choice of colour. can i borrow your red lol. :biggrin: finally fitted tail tidy and the sent bolts the 2 front ones are at least 5mm short. 10mm short on instructions. they have been informed but it fits great and looks great. raised my termis up to secondbolt level now.

Redkite
01-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Is the white plain white or is it pearl white (same as the 696)?
Bike looks great!

Stu

Panther
01-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Is the white plain white or is it pearl white (same as the 696)?
Bike looks great!

Stu

Yer looks really good!

The Red makes the trellis frame stand out :thumbsup:

MON
02-08-2009, 10:01 AM
It's pearl rather than flat white.

I'm doing something a little different with the lower centre section up the tank, but I'll be a couple of weeks yet...

MON
17-08-2009, 08:34 PM
I've now got the tank lower centre finished how I want it and I'm really pleased.

Many thanks to Big Steve in Mansfield for an excellent job and also Neil at Cornerspeed for not only recommending him, but also sourcing me a new centre section and getting it over there for painting.

Snips
17-08-2009, 10:02 PM
That looks superb.

May I suggest continuing the stripe down the seat cowl? ;)

Pomp1
17-08-2009, 10:55 PM
really nice look!

Scootaboy
18-08-2009, 11:53 AM
big thumbs up!

benson
18-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Now that looks lovely - and I like the idea of the seat cowl being decorated too....

OplayneO
18-08-2009, 07:47 PM
looks great, i did enquire if they could i could have the white 696 with a red frame when i bought mine, i wish they had told me that they were bringing/brought out the panels and i could have bought a red one like you!!

there was someone selling white tank sides, front mudgaurd and screen on ebay for about £170 posted. i was considering buying the lot and doing my own paint job on them but talked myself out it for some reason, probably as i would never get round to it.

countvonaltibar
24-06-2011, 01:18 AM
What a nice scheme, really like the stripes down the tank! You're first pics at the top are exactly the same as my 1100s, great minds think alike!

Just fitted pricy Gilles rearsets, carbon hugger (ebay from hong kong job), gold chain, yamaha LED indicators and dumped the ducati ones which are too small imho and never worked properly, titax black levers with gold control attachment. £££ a plenty!! Looking for some bar end mirrors and that'll be me for a while. Must post a pic when I work out how to do it.

Really recommend the rearsets, they change the bike a lot.

bex
24-06-2011, 07:21 AM
Very nice. If you're keeping the standard foot rest/pillion assembly I reckon they'd looked better powdered black.