PDA

View Full Version : M695 - which battery?

Paivi
31-07-2009, 10:45 AM
I need a new battery urgently for my M695 but have no idea which one, apart from the top of the range one, but which one is that?

The manual says 12V-10Ah, whatever that means in English.

Is there anybody out there with nothing else to do than to source me one? :biggrin:

Oh, and while you're at it, find me an Optimate 4, too, with an extension lead and a sat nav connection lead kind of thing...

steve wright
31-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Get a Yuasa, nothing comes close to the cranking power and longevity for the money.

Paivi
02-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Nah, getting a Varta, as my Yuasas have never lasted for long.

Could an M695 owner please check his/her bike for the battery so I can get the right one? I can't, as I can't lift the tank up, and need to get the battery delivered and in place by the weekend. My manual says 10Ah (whatever that means), but the battery catalogues say 12Ah, and with the manual having been wrong before...

Paivi
03-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Anyone????

Paivi
03-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Answered my own question, now that we got the tank lifted. I'll be needing a 12B-BS battery.

The stupid clasp had hooked itself into the plastic ignition barrel, not the hook designed for it, and got jammed there. Nothing the removal of seat & tank, and plenty of brute force and ignorance couldn't fix...