PDA

View Full Version : Bikini Fairing

pike
30-07-2009, 08:24 AM
Hi all,

looking for some advice on the best bikini fairing to fit my 1999 M900 Dark.

Ideally, I'm after a Matt Black one to match the bikes' colour scheme and one which offers some wind protection for motorway riding. I'm not a speed maniac so cruise 70 to 80.

I have seen some second hand ones but they don't tend to have the plastic screen. If I bought one of these where would I obtain a replacement screen?

Times is tough so I'm not looking to spend a great deal of money so not really wanting a carbon one unless cheap.

Thanks for viewing this and hope you can help:)

Scootaboy
30-07-2009, 08:40 AM
got mine off ebay - bikini fairing for £10, new screen for £33 and respray of fairing for £50 - though black ones seem to be more common so you might not need a respray if you find a good one.

Ray fitted it at rosso corse last night, to be honest the screen wasn't as good a fit as a ducati part but it's ok for the time being

theres also a place called eagle screens in australia which some people use, there're meant to be good (and cheap), plus I'm sure there are other places you can buy one

slob
30-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Depends on the age of your 900.
The older screens are very rare. You should be able to modify a newer screen to fit without too much trouble though.

boyse7en
05-08-2009, 09:36 AM
I got a Ducati fairing and screen off ebay for £30, and sprayed it myself (I've got a Dark, so needed a matt-ish finish :)) With a bit of fiddling about it was quite easy to fit.
It certainly takes the edge off the windblast - I find it fine at 85-90 on my commute to work (I'm 5'10" in case that helps)

pike
05-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Hi Guys and Thanx for replys,

Managed to source a genuine fairing from ebay, the colour I want for £60. I think this is a good deal as they seem to be a ridiculous price new. as are all aftermarket parts..but that's just my opinion.

Most of my mods have been done on the cheap. Cored standard exhausts, sprayed my own seat cowling and shortened back end tray.

What happened to biking being a cheap form of transport?...I guess that's what happens when something becomes a "fashion" rather than a necessity/way of life;)

Marcustheanimal
05-08-2009, 10:05 PM
On the italian ebay, you can find some stuff, always worth alook, even if you dont understand a word, you get the idea eventually. just copy paste item number if you want to watch it.