PDA

View Full Version : 1996 M900 Clocks

Steve'o'M900
29-07-2009, 10:04 PM
Sometime back I noticed a crack in my speedo??? not sure how it got there just noticed it when venturing into the garage!! (most annoyed!)

I've just bought a 2nd hand set from ebay but the clocks seem to be a one piece item?? is this the case? or can the glass/plastic front be removed to replace my damage screen?? I don't want to force it if it'll not come off.

cheers
Steve

Yorkie
30-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Is your old speedo not one piece? Just swap them over, granted you odometer may read different miles completed but do you really care? Just write it in the service book speedo change and difference in miles!!

(I dont know where my service book is, i know its had two!) Two belt changes at least!

Yorkie

Steve'o'M900
30-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Is your old speedo not one piece? Just swap them over, granted you odometer may read different miles completed but do you really care? Just write it in the service book speedo change and difference in miles!!

(I dont know where my service book is, i know its had two!) Two belt changes at least!

Yorkie

Cheers Yorkie,

I'm considering that as the easy option, was just wondering if they did come apart but i guess not!!

cheers Steve

steve wright
31-07-2009, 09:19 AM
They don't come apart, they're glued together. I've heard some folk dremel the "glass" off carefully and re glue it but sounds iffy to me.

NattyBoy
31-07-2009, 06:18 PM
dont even think about splitting a clock - it will all end in tears mate !

Not sure what the mileage is but if its lower the drill could come into play ;>) !