PDA

View Full Version : Solid Clutch.

BluprintZ
29-07-2009, 07:38 PM
I bought this replacement clutch slave a while back.
Today, i got around to fitting it but after bleeding the system, the clutch lever was just solid, no budgio at all.
Put the original back on, bled and everything is hunky dory again!!
The replacement fits perfectly well, although when i removed and inspected it, i couldn't see any fluid, as though there's a blockage inside the slave.
Any ideas guys?

Cheers,

G : )

Pomp1
29-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Isn't this a later model slave (916 on series) which requires a longer pushrod?

Trent
30-07-2009, 07:55 AM
Sounds like the new slave is seized... (or there's a blockage as you suggest)

Try reconnecting it to the line, but don't bolt it to the bike and bleed it again - if it still doesn't work, then it sounds like the piston inside has seized or there's a blockage.

If it's seized, you could try putting a screwdriver through the hole where the red o-ring is and see if you can push the piston back a bit.

They often come with a small plastic cap pushed inside the banjo bolt hole - maybe that's been pushed down inside the cylinder?

Kato
30-07-2009, 07:58 AM
Yep Pomp1 is on the money, I also discovered quite by accident that there are different length pushrods, not sure of yrs or fitment but they deffo exist.

BluprintZ
30-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Yea, i remember reading something about pushrod lengths on here a while back, although the slave fitted snugly enough with no resistance from the pushrod.
I'll see what advice other members come up with and take it from there, i'm thinking the piston could well be seized as suggested, so i'll check that out later maybe.

Cheers guys,

Yorkie
30-07-2009, 10:31 AM
G,

There wouldnt be any resistance from the push rod as it is shorter than the one you require!

Yorkie.

BluprintZ
30-07-2009, 10:38 AM
G,

There wouldnt be any resistance from the push rod as it is shorter than the one you require!

Yorkie.

Which makes me think the slave could well be seized?

Cheers Yorkie, hows the mending coming along mate?

Pomp1
30-07-2009, 11:15 AM
you can get an adapter that slides inside the slave (little bar with 2 O rings) try give this guys (http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Ducati-1) a call.

Space Cadet
30-07-2009, 03:53 PM
I fitted an uprated Oberon clutch slave and it came with an insert the same profile as the pushrod effectively to lengthen it for bikes with shorter pushrods.

Can’t remember whether I needed it in the end, are you sure you just don’t need to use the insert/a longer pushrod?

Yorkie
30-07-2009, 03:56 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ducati-748-916-996-Clutch-Push-Rod-325mm_W0QQitemZ350214045909QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_M otorcycle_Parts?hash=item518a6240d5&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Measure yours against the length here (That sounds rude!!)

The mending is going slowly, ive binned the sling as it was causing me more pain!

Yorkie.

BluprintZ
01-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Mine is sorted now.
I put my old one back on, just used the bleed nip and carrier off the new slave, mine was broken off.
Was over at a mates last night and noticed that the slave i bought, is exactly like the one on his `04 750 Sport (wet clutch), so maybe that's what the difference is?
Anyway, i've got a few bits to sell, stuff that is surplus after the re-build, such as the complete standard exhaust and cans.
I'll post them on here first and if no interest, i'll ebay them.

Thanks y`all for help and advice.:thumbsup: