PDA

View Full Version : which boots?

OplayneO
28-07-2009, 10:15 AM
i need a pair of boots as this is something i have not purchased and thought best to do this before investing in a set of termi's!!! and also something thats required for a TD.

I have found a couple of reasonably priced pairs on ebay, has anyone got any opinions about these makes or models?

Oxtar TCS http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&item=110418491823

Oxford bone dry R9 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=140330173708

or maybe a pair of sidi vertigo which can often be picked up at a fairly good price?

As you can probably see i dont want to spend the earth, also i am not that good at shoe shopping!

thanks

Albie
28-07-2009, 10:26 AM
i also need a new pair. my 12 yr old dainese have tiny leaks in front now. i was looking at dainese but will checkout what your thread discovers. i dont need race boots just sports/waterproof ones with screw on toe sliders. jmo had a nice new pair of dainese on at arrow mill.

Albie
28-07-2009, 10:28 AM
prefer the first pair but too red for my new taste.

OplayneO
28-07-2009, 10:33 AM
prefer the first pair but too red for my new taste.

I know what you mean, might just be a bargin! i like the second pair to be honest, will go with the bike a little better. I have never tried a pair of oxfords on so not sure of the quality, should try some before i buy but just dont have the time so will have to buy some blind and hope for the best...which everones i go for.

Albie
28-07-2009, 12:20 PM
my dainese at least are now fading but were black and fluorescent red/orange panels.

gremlin
29-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Sidis always squeak when you walk which is really annoying. I bought Clive some Stylmartin ones as I couldn't afford Sidis last time round. So far they've been more comfy and more waterproof and fit better but they obviously don't have the name badge so it depends on whether you want to pay for a badge or get some decent boots for slightly less money. They weren't the cheapest around but are reasonable quality and so far they've lasted better than his Sidis.

Bodybag
29-07-2009, 04:54 PM
I don't know if you have a set of leathers already, but Inifinity Motorcycles are doing an offer where if you buy any set of leathers, you get a free pair of Sidi Vertigos. When I say any, I mean any. The offer is across their entire range of leathers as far as I believe.

Look at the link on their homepage.

http://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/default.asp

LVC
29-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Yes, Sidis squeak but I've had my vertigos for over 10 years (I think they must have been in the original batch) and they're still fab - waterproof, comfy, colours lost a bit (black and silver) and soles a little worn but would buy another pair without question :thumbsup:

Panther
29-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Did you win the Oxtar TCS??? £42 posted sounds ok to me.

OplayneO
30-07-2009, 12:57 AM
yep, won the oxtars for 42 squids, cant complain unless they dont fit!

good find about the infinty leathers, i dont have a set so could be an option. Just got a ducati jacket, some cheapish lary white camo pants and now some boots...plus the other legal requirements.

cheers for all your help.

so19
30-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Just spray WD40 on the Sidi's heel & it'll stop the squeak ............. it worked for mine at least