PDA

View Full Version : Another one bites the dust!

Yorkie
26-07-2009, 11:03 AM
It must be the season to break things!

Came off my mountain bike and made contact with the curb, damn those collar bone things!

The left had one now sits with one part of the bone on top of the other! Going to hospital in the morning so the fracture clinic can do their magic.

So apart from watching TV i cant do much, luckly my head and arm took most of the impact.

It only hurts when i laugh - damn thay Kung Fu Panda - that was funny!!!!

Yorkie.

Albie
26-07-2009, 11:09 AM
oh mate. i have every sympathy you can imagine.

i can only recommend arnicare cream an arnica capsules,like mini tictac dispenser.

Yorkie
26-07-2009, 11:18 AM
I was in hospital for 1 hour, from booking in to having the x-ray taken, so quite good service i thought, so im looking forward to them relocating in the morning.

Im not on drugs yet, i dont like taking them, and i managed to sleep okay, as you know you just cant move a lot! Getting dressed and showering is entertainment! It took me 45 minutes to get my t shirt off, using door handles to hook it off, im now wearing shirts a lot easier to handle!

Yorkie.

Albie
26-07-2009, 11:23 AM
i also hate drugs. im only on codeine and homeopathic.

yes looked at shirts. lucky its summer.

feel for you mate.

uksurfer
26-07-2009, 11:47 AM
sorry to hear that, lets hope for some more quick healing for everyone :thumbsup:

i hear shell are going to be struggling due to motorcylists not buying as much fuel this summer..........:D
________
Gong Bongs (http://glassbongs.org/)

Yorkie
26-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Just doing my bit for global warming!!

Yorkie

uksurfer
26-07-2009, 11:55 AM
i got mot tuesday, then getting belts done and should be on for some light usage,

hope your shoulder doesnt hurt too much, its those pesky two wheelers :pd:
________
Pissing Public (http://www.****tube.com/categories/833/public/videos/1)

LVC
26-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Sorry to hear about your tumble Yorkie - always thought it best to leave the stabilisers on as long as possible :dizzy:

Hope you mend quick :biggrin:

alan c
26-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Sorry to hear that Yorkie, hope you get sorted and heal quickly.

alan c

Nookx
26-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Hope your Bikes ok Dude! What is it, I have a Marin Wolfridge, it comes in handy when the Monster doesnt want to play out, which is usually whenits raining.lol

Yorkie
26-07-2009, 06:04 PM
GT Avalance 3! Its fine my body broke its fall!!

Ive got some great pedal marks on the back of my knee!

I keep finding bits that start hurting!

Yorkie (Older but not wiser)

BluprintZ
26-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Yorkie, you dozy bugger you!
Hope you get mended soon mate, seems to be the falling off season again.
A mate of mine high-sided his BMW GS1200 this morning on some cow cr@p, that the kind farmer person left across the road from his field.
Why the feck do they never consider their lazy, bone idle actions could cause a fatal accident, such as could have befallen my mate?
He's on about taking legal advice about it, the bike is probably totalled, he's not too bad, cuts`n bruises and really pi$$ed off!

Get better bud,

G : ) :thumbsup:

Yorkie
26-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Cheers George and everyone else!

Yorkie

LouSCannon
26-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Good work Yorkie! Sure you'll just love day time tv, bet you'll be knocking back the drugs after a few Jeremy Kyle. Get better soon mate!!

Liz
26-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Good work Yorkie! Sure you'll just love day time tv, bet you'll be knocking back the drugs after a few Jeremy Kyle. Get better soon mate!!

I sometimes get hooked on Jeremy Kyle during the school hols (not a teacher!) then am quite glad to get back to work for some sort of 'normality'!

Don't they just put your arm in a sling if you've got a broken collarbone as they obviously can't plaster it?

Hope it doesn't hurt too much and gets better asap!

Yorkie
26-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Im in a sling at the moment, but because one part of the bone is on top of the other they have to straighten it out for it to heal!!

So hopefully no pinning! Thank god for Sky +.

Im still going to work, i just cant do any physical training!

Yorkie

Liz
26-07-2009, 09:33 PM
"Im in a sling at the moment, but because one part of the bone is on top of the other they have to straighten it out for it to heal!!"

Oh, that sounds horrible!

LouSCannon
27-07-2009, 05:35 AM
Im still going to work

Enjoy the sympathy from the forum, you're going to get the p**s ripped out of you for the rest of the week hehehe ;)

Albie
27-07-2009, 05:55 AM
what i wouldnt do to go to work. alas i have to driveand lift/carry.
my slings pulling the bone down to heal in two places.
slept some last nite but nowhere near enough.
rest of body aches now.

Yorkie
27-07-2009, 07:15 AM
Already happening, work is just a 10 minute walk, everyone knows im a little mad so nobody is surprised!

Albie, Did they have to pull yours apart to allow it to set? Did they do it straight away?

The only thing that p***es me off is the grinding noise!

Yorkie

Albie
27-07-2009, 07:20 AM
didnt do jack doo da. that what worries me. it in the lap of the gods right now. im gettin paronoid probs. my back aches prob chair. and my other shoulder hurts more. just want to go to sleep and wake up feeling refreshed and not wake up because pains come back.

glad you doing ok. i feel ive gone backwards since thursday. keeping smiling just

Yorkie
27-07-2009, 07:40 AM
Thank you to who ever thought of Tesco on-line and microvave food, the less washing up i have to do the better!

The wife is back in 10 days so a little help will be more than welcome then, when ther is nobody in the house i can swear all i want!!!

Get better soon Albie, i think im going to force the issue today, 11 weeks til the USA!!!! (Something good to aim for!)

Yorkie

Albie
27-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Thank you to who ever thought of Tesco on-line and microvave food, the less washing up i have to do the better!

The wife is back in 10 days so a little help will be more than welcome then, when ther is nobody in the house i can swear all i want!!!

Get better soon Albie, i think im going to force the issue today, 11 weeks til the USA!!!! (Something good to aim for!)

Yorkie

carolines just got back from shopping. shes a star. got me some herbal sleep tablets to try.

my goal is belgium in 7 weeks. i will drive if not.

tesco always did decent mic meals as i remember the year and half on my own. not everyday mind. nice green thai curry and extra rice yum :thumbsup:

J.P
27-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Jeez Yorkie, Hope you're on the road to recovery soon, your Country needs you.

Ginger
27-07-2009, 09:10 AM
Blimey! You ride an M900 and end up breaking a collar bone on a push-bike. Little ironic.

Get well soon buddy!

gremlin
27-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Blimey! You ride an M900 and end up breaking a collar bone on a push-bike. Little ironic.

Get well soon buddy!

Yup, I was thinking he'd be safer with an engine! I've always said push bikes are dangerous, I rest my case. Be careful with the Tesco micro meals though, step dad got really bad food poisoning from a chicken tikka, or korma, and he's really careful about heating stuff up. The last thing you need is the trots as well!
Hope they sort you out quickly.
Think we'll have to have a bar at the top of the first page with little monnies on, for each person/bike down like they had on planes during the war to show hits.

Albie
27-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Think we'll have to have a bar at the top of the first page with little monnies on, for each person/bike down like they had on planes during the war to show hits.

thats a funny idea. hope i only get the one.:D

ladybird
27-07-2009, 01:48 PM
ouch. hope it mends quick.

maybe go for a body map so you can mark off what you have broken (bit like in a computer game)

(that mankini is out the window too, the strap will pull on the shoulder)

Yorkie
27-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Well they said they wont do anything, it will mend itself!

I did however find out ive also fractured 2-4 ribs which is nice! Almost makes me hungry!

Yorkie.

scrapps
27-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Sorry to hear about your broken bones get well soon... i hear beer numbs the pain ?:booze:

gremlin
27-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Got any spare?

Albie
27-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Got any spare?

spare beers !

i have. i said drinks are free at my bbq. ended up with even more. want some :mand:

Yorkie
27-07-2009, 07:08 PM
No but if you have some ribs in better condition than mine then i will have 2-4 of them!

Yorkie

Nookx
27-07-2009, 07:36 PM
GT Avalance 3! Its fine my body broke its fall!!

Ive got some great pedal marks on the back of my knee!

I keep finding bits that start hurting!

Yorkie (Older but not wiser)

You should get yourself in Old dudes that should know better.lol when youve mended, give me a shout if u want someone to ride with, down hill rocks! :)

Albie
27-07-2009, 07:54 PM
No but if you have some ribs in better condition than mine then i will have 2-4 of them!

Yorkie

we never had ribs this time. we have chicken wings we forgot to get out. best we have another bbq me thinks, beer and wings

not fallen off my mountain bike yet,

Liz
27-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Yorkie,
If you only fell off your mountain bike and did all that damage, I hate to think what would happen if you fell off your Duke?!

Albie
27-07-2009, 08:24 PM
dont take much it seems. i almost fell off at standstill. god knows if i would have broken apart at more than 50.
nite all time for some sleep tablets. hope they work.

Liz
27-07-2009, 08:41 PM
"Get off your horse and drink your milk" as John Wayne said! I think you lot need more calcium! ;)

uksurfer
27-07-2009, 08:51 PM
just as a matter of interest Albie, were you wearing bike jacket with armour?
________
Personality Disorder Advice (http://www.health-forums.org/personality-disorder/)

gremlin
27-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Having busted four ribs I can sympathise. Luckily? I did my collar bone at a different time so having both at once must be pretty grim. Think you should keep the beers for medicinal purposes Albie although I've found vodka works well with Tramadols I get comfortably numb on that mix:p:p

Yorkie
28-07-2009, 07:28 AM
Ive got two weeks before my review, and the doctor wants to see some good movement in shoulder/arm.

Ive started already so it keeps me occupied!! It hurts a little when moving it but no pain no gain!

Yorkie.

Albie
28-07-2009, 08:05 AM
"Get off your horse and drink your milk" as John Wayne said! I think you lot need more calcium! ;)

been drinking the milk. first good idea i had

just as a matter of interest Albie, were you wearing bike jacket with armour?

as churchill dog would say oh yes ! dainese with shoulder and elbow armour. thick jacket too.not summer. it has only a graze and will polish out. i reckon i have brittle bones then.

as too the sleeping pills. what a load of ****e. got 4 hours last last but they say side effects can be the ****es. what 30 mins in. !!!!!!:thumbsdown:

Yorkie
28-07-2009, 09:14 AM
They have given me some to get me to sleep, but they can make me constipated, which is nice???

Yorkie

ladybird
28-07-2009, 09:30 AM
They have given me some to get me to sleep, but they can make me constipated, which is nice???

Yorkie

Yeah they don't warn you about that.

J.P
28-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Volterol I think they're called.....

gremlin
28-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Must admit when you look at the list of side affects it makes you wonder if you're better off suffering. Think the best pain relief and sleeping aid is herbal and it works for me every time. Nice bit of flapjack and I'm zonked out and no pain at all.:biggrin: If you'd rather stay off chemical stuff, valerian is supposed to help sleep and putting a bit of lavender oil on your pillow also works. Or try a bath with epsom salts and lavender oil, the salts help the healing process, relieve stress and boost seratonin levels and the lavender relaxes you. Having hop tea an hour before bed can help but I'm guessing a beer may work just as well!

Yorkie
28-07-2009, 11:55 AM
500mg Co-Codamol. Nice!

Yorkie

Albie
28-07-2009, 12:11 PM
the sleeping tablets i took were herbal . contain hops, valerian and passion flower. i have a garden full of them. will still try again tonight.

we just went for an hours walk to village and back to p.office some am a bit worn out with sun. may get some slumber with a bit of luck.

gremlin
28-07-2009, 01:11 PM
That's a pretty good mix so should work well, try the bath with lavender and see if that works, the only side affect from that is smelling like furniture polish or air freshener! Be careful with the cocodamol, they can damage the stomach lining, I had to come off those because they caused lesions which hurt like heck if I drink too much or eat really spicy foods.

Albie
28-07-2009, 01:18 PM
ive not had co codomol since 07.00. trying to reduce them now. stomach feels tight. mind im not eating as much as normal. lost my appetite big time. drinking loads of water and mor milk than normal and juice.

Yorkie
28-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Albie,

Im only going to use them to help sleep, after supper of course. Ive not taken anything yet, ive taken the sling off to move my arm around a bit (Whilst i type), the sling was hurting my collar bone a bit!

Yorkie.

Albie
28-07-2009, 01:36 PM
yep get that. i can move arm around ok funnily just mustn't do anything with it. feeling a lot better today. right hand typing will do for now.

Liz
28-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Co-codomol? That stuff is evil - took it for a really bad back once and was completely out of it!

Yorkie
28-07-2009, 09:32 PM
Mmmmmm, out of it! Hopefully it will work better if i only take them once a day!

Only another week for she who must be obeyed to get home. (So ill need both arms to defend myself!!)

Yorkie.

gremlin
28-07-2009, 09:34 PM
You should try tramadol, Clive took some of mine thinking he could get away with three as I'm allowed two and was like a thunderbird puppet. I was in stitches watching him, talk about horse tranquillisers, he was out of it for hours..

Yorkie
28-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Dont make me laugh my ribs hurt!

Yorkie.

Albie
29-07-2009, 09:11 AM
well i feel i have reached a milestone at last. the sleeping pills were again useless and rubbish sleep once more but i havn't had any painkillers or drugs for over 24 hours.

not really acheing much at all but you know its there.:mand::mand:

Yorkie
29-07-2009, 09:25 AM
I work up this morning to do the shoulder check and its all yellow!!!!

I suppose it is better than green! Just cant wait for it to develop now! I managed 6 hours sleep broken into 45 minute blocks!

Yorkie.

Albie
29-07-2009, 09:33 AM
im coming out of yellow slowly now.:mand: my minds playing tricks with sleeping making it into some kind of game if you get me. poxy psycho i reckon lol.:eek::eek:

more excercise today and maybe back in a proper bed tonight.

gremlin
29-07-2009, 09:35 AM
Well done you, it is better to try to stay off the painkillers if you can, then your body tells you when you've done enough and you don't do more damage. Don't know what else to suggest on the sleep front, perhaps a hot toddy before bed or something? Sorry Yorkie, you should have been here though, he didn't realise it was two in 24 hours not two at a time so being a bit bigger than me decided he could manage three. Karma struck big time for all the times he'd called me a junkie when I've been out of it due to having the two. He's clumsy at the best of times but it was like having a baby elephant blundering around the cottage and he was walking just like a thunderbird puppet. I was absolutely creased up.

Yorkie
29-07-2009, 09:40 AM
Trying to keep busy at work is helping me out i think, oh and the PS3 on a night, damn those Germans on MOH Airborne.

Its only if i get bored that i start thinking about it! And to be honest being home alone it takes you twice as long to do most things anyway!

I can wait for the dragon to get back from holiday then she can drive all the motorbike bits to fettling shops! (it will keep her busy anyway!)

Yorkie

Liz
29-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Take the painkillers - that's what they're for. You won't suddenly think you're invicible and go out on the bike. But hopefully, it should make you a little more relaxed and be able to get some sleep - it's not a crime to give in slightly, believe me!