PDA

View Full Version : Bike kit in the States?

Yorkie
23-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Anyone visited the States (Arizona) and bought bike kit? how do the prices compare and where are the best places to get them from?

I can see that Simpson helmets are ceaper so that is a must buy (In white):

http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/PROD/simpsonauto/simpsonraider

Getting the kit back isnt a drama, so im not bothered about import tax, just the best places to shop!

Yorkie

buzzbomb
23-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Yorkie i've bought bike gear in the states, most shops will do a deal and as for bringing stuff back to the uk i've never had a problem, so go and have a good time and spend those dollars!!:thumbsup:

Capo
24-07-2009, 03:36 PM
The helmets sold in the USA do dont bear a certification that is recognised in the UK.

uksurfer
24-07-2009, 04:31 PM
my sister lives in phoenix, i will ask her to find out where they get there kit, might not be up to much cus they ride those tractor bike things....

but i'll ask, when are you going????
________
Gay Guy (http://www.****tube.com/categories/624/guy/videos/1)

Bodybag
24-07-2009, 11:17 PM
Yeah, make sure any helmet you buy has a gold ACU sticker on the side otherwise you can't do trackdays etc. with it. As has already been said, you might also want to check it has a BS number on it too otherwise it won't be certified for the UK.

JMo
25-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Yeah, make sure any helmet you buy has a gold ACU sticker on the side otherwise you can't do trackdays etc. with it. As has already been said, you might also want to check it has a BS number on it too otherwise it won't be certified for the UK.

It won't have an ACU sticker on it, as they are not the governing motorsport body in the US... however, if you buy an Arai etc that is also sold here in the UK, you'd have to be a bloody minded track-day scrutineer not to let it pass? - or you can just get a gold sticker from the ACU (or ebay, ahem) as people do after having their helmets painted for example...

There were some good deals when you were getting $2 to the pound, but gear isn't so cheap over there now... in fact premium brands like Arai, and (especially the European brands) Dainese etc. are actually more expensive...

There is great kit over there though - and boots and gloves (Aplinestars for example) are still the dollar for pound equivalent, so there are deals to be had...

xxx

Yorkie
26-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Going over in October - December, nearly 3 months of fun!!!!

Yorkie.

uksurfer
27-07-2009, 07:59 AM
3 months in the states, that sounds good, i only been there for two week trips, arizonas a lovely place, the scenery is fantastic when you get out the towns, and theres loads to do, are you riding when you get there? (shoulder permitting)
plus you can fly relatively cheaply to other places within a hour, i'm quite jealous now
________
California mdecial marijuana dispensaries (http://california.dispensaries.org/)

Yorkie
27-07-2009, 08:27 AM
Failing riding i get a company pickup to use in Arizona .... free!

Im going regardless of injury, i will just have to take a bag man!

Yorkie.