PDA

View Full Version : Moto GP this weekend?

Edcase
21-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Can't see any threads for this?

Anyone riding up from London on Sunday morning?

cheers
ed

CK & AK
21-07-2009, 03:30 PM
We'll be there from tomorrow through till Sunday, so if passing the exhibition centre you could pop into the paddock there & come & say 'hi' :)
We'll be out in the Junior Powerbike class #9 with Tango Monster 800 & the GP1/Supertwin race #36 with BigBike 1098s - both orange/white & purple.

Timetable for the weekend is here: http://www.thundersportgb.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=909&Itemid=99

Ginger
22-07-2009, 09:34 AM
I was up there last year and I don't think that I'll be back this year.
The facilities were terrible last year. It was expensive to get in and there were harldy enough toliet facilities, the spectator areas were poorly maintained, the big screens were all in the wrong places (you had to look away from the track to watch them) and to top it all off - Who thought that builders fencing was going to hold back a 100,000 strong crowd at a major international event? Vale went passed on his final laps a the stupid (excuse me) Motherf****rs who don't even respect these machines went running on to the track. All they wanted to see was Valentino. Poor guy was nearly beaten to death. The British GP last year was the laughing stock of the calendar. Shame becuase I love motoGP and I like the track but I probably won't go until next year when it moves to Silverstone.
Have fun anyway buddy! GO VALE GO!! :D

kneedown
22-07-2009, 10:02 AM
you are so right .we went to mugello this year and it was so much better'we could see nearly the whole track everything was better than here .prob helped being in the rossi fan club corner

Goody76
22-07-2009, 01:18 PM
I'm coming along...but only for the sunday. Although not really from the london direction... haha

Just hoping, praying, and begging for sunshine now. Even just dry will do...

Think this is going to to be great one this year. Rossi has always said that he considers this to be his second home track... and with the form he is on now, combined with the fact that this is the last year of the British GP at Donny... I'm sure he will be trying everything to go out with a bang

Kato
22-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Vale went passed on his final laps a the stupid (excuse me) Motherf****rs who don't even respect these machines went running on to the track. All they wanted to see was Valentino. Poor guy was nearly beaten to death.

Lets hope that they finish the job this time, can't stand the TO$$ER

fatbloke
22-07-2009, 02:44 PM
you are so right .we went to mugello this year and it was so much better'we could see nearly the whole track everything was better than here .prob helped being in the rossi fan club corner
I was lucky enough to go to Mugello a couple of years ago its the most atmospheric race track
I've ever been to it was simply the best. Makes Dony look very poor. That being said
I've scorded some posh tickets to Dony so I'm going.

Lowsider
23-07-2009, 12:07 PM
I was lucky enough to go to Mugello a couple of years ago its the most atmospheric race track
I've ever been to it was simply the best. Makes Dony look very poor. That being said
I've scorded some posh tickets to Dony so I'm going.

You been on the blag again!!!

fatbloke
23-07-2009, 12:11 PM
You been on the blag again!!!
you gotta have a hobby

Spike
23-07-2009, 03:43 PM
If Mand is going it'll be a wet race if not should be fine:D

BluprintZ
23-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Which reminds me, where are Mand and the cakemiester?, haven't seen them online for a while.
Hope Nicky Hayden does well this weekend.

G : )

JMo
26-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Which reminds me, where are Mand and the cakemiester?, haven't seen them online for a while.

Getting their nails and hair done? - the wedding is next weekend as I recall!

xxx

slob
26-07-2009, 05:55 PM

Just moved house and waiting for broadband...

BluprintZ
26-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Okey, dokey Rob.
Cheers,

G : )

NewMon
28-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Did anyone who went to Donnington see if the Norton Rotary ran in the Thundersport? They were hoping to after failing to qualify in the TT.

CK & AK
28-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Yep - they were both in our race - bit odd as all 3 on the front of the grid havent raced in the series this year to date. Nortons did look good in their silver livery :)

Full report here: (GP1 class near the bottom - and we even get a mention!)

http://www.thundersportgb.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=272&Itemid=1

CK :)

Albie
28-07-2009, 05:02 PM
was watching your boys on tv at 06.00 this morning ( lack of sleep :thumbsdown: ) an sam did well at snetterton

glad your doing well.

NewMon
28-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Thanks for that info. And well done to the Knight team. I really must get to one of these meets sometime.

uksurfer
28-07-2009, 05:25 PM
http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news--general-news/prince-harry-goes-pillion---mamola-style/7614.html

i didnt know prince harry was there, on the track!
________
How to make homemade vaporizer (http://www.vaporshop.com)