PDA

View Full Version : Demo Day at Rivvy Barn

buzzbomb
18-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Sunday the 9th August 2009, 9am-5pm the Ducati Roadshow will be at Rivington Hall Barn,with the 2009 model year line-up so book your demo ride early on the day and bring your motorcycle licence which you must have held for a minimum of two years.

post code for rivvy barn BL6 7SB

ENJOY!!

PDL
18-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Buzzbomb are you going over?

J_Dub
18-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Think I'll go that! Won't be able to test any bikes though 'cos I've not held my license for 2 years:cry:

buzzbomb
18-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Buzzbomb are you going over?
Yes Paul i'm going:thumbsup:

PDL
18-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Yes Paul i'm going:thumbsup:

Cool shall we organise a ride in, I know some cracking back roads to get us to Rivy?

BluprintZ
18-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Yessum, i'll probably be going.
I went last year for the Ducati day, you could hardly move it was that full, plus the sun was cracking the flags, a good day out.
Anyone know where Jim is? (LouSCannon), he might want to go, although i haven't seen him on here for a while.

G : )

buzzbomb
18-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Paul are you going to the Pagent of Power tomorrow, if so i'll see you there as i'm taking my s4rs tricolore to show on the DOC stand.

PDL
18-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Not got my bike it is away for service at the moment

buzzbomb
18-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Paul can you get an early morning pass out, if so give me a quick phone call.

LouSCannon
23-07-2009, 06:04 AM
Cheers for the heads up George, it's in the diary but won't know for sure until just before the weekend...

BluprintZ
23-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Mornin' Jim, be good if you can make it mate.
Shame we don't have any calling cards to hand out there, would possibly boost the membership on here, might have a chat with Pedro about it.
Take care bud,

G : ) :thumbsup:

LouSCannon
23-07-2009, 10:39 AM
I'm hoping they'll have an 848 there!

mazydog
27-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Whats the script for this are we planning a spin out ????

PDL
27-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Yep I am planning a ride over if the weather is was my old stomping ground so I know some really nice roads on the way to Rivy. Was then planning to head over to Glasson dock for a ride.

BluprintZ
27-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Be good if we could all turn up "en masse" Chris, so we need to meet up on the morning if possible.
I'll be coming up from North Wales on the previous Friday, so i'll be in Rossendale from then until the following Monday, i might as well make a long weekend of it.
If J-Dub is deffo going, then i could meet up with him on Sunday morning, then we can pootle over to wherever we all decide to meet, pub, carpark, whatever.
So thinking caps on guys.

J_Dub
02-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Yes, I'm going so long as it isn't p1ssing it down, no problem to meet up with you George.
My lad wants to come along too, he's on a Honda Bros (at least it's a Vee twin).

BluprintZ
02-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Yes, I'm going so long as it isn't p1ssing it down, no problem to meet up with you George.
My lad wants to come along too, he's on a Honda Bros (at least it's a Vee twin).

It won't rain John, i have spoken, so it wouldn't dare!!
Still haven't had any feedback from the Manny crew yet, so it could well be just me, thee and your lad...we can stick him in the naughty corner when we get there. :p
If you could PM me your contact number, i'll give you a bell/text/come up for a brew next Saturday maybe and arrange a meeting time if you like.
I usually stay at my cousins on Staghills Rd, Newchurch when i'm up yonder, so it's not very far from your place.
I have a mate in Little Lever, Bolton, he came with us last year, so i'll see what the crack is with him, we may end up going over to his place first, then on to Rivvy, we'll see.

J_Dub
04-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Sunday the 9th August 2009, 9am-5pm the Ducati Roadshow will be at Rivington Hall Barn,with the 2009 model year line-up so book your demo ride early on the day and bring your motorcycle licence which you must have held for a minimum of two years.

post code for rivvy barn BL6 7SB

ENJOY!!

If you are going and want a demo ride you need both parts of your license, age min 21 and held your license for 2 years minimum!

LouSCannon
04-08-2009, 09:18 PM
I've got a wedding to go to on the Saturday but will try and make it up to the barn on Sunday afternoon, depends how long the night do goes on for... have to confess the chances are slim (One of my oldest friends)!

buzzbomb
04-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Meet up with the ducati guys at oulton park track day today, they are taking two trucks one with display bikes and another with demo bikes so get there early to book in for ride out and lets pray for some nice weather.
See you guys there.

BluprintZ
04-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Looks like it's just me and J-Dub then from Rossendale.
I'll have me UKMOC T shirt on, so if ya sees me, say howdo.

Lowsider
05-08-2009, 09:02 AM
I am hoping to be there. Subject to the weather....

Hoolie
05-08-2009, 08:00 PM
I should be there at some point during the day - with my hubby (who will be on his Ninja :rolleyes: )

Lowsider
09-08-2009, 07:06 PM
well I went and I tried out the M1100s....... Got to say a bit disappointed....

Now let me qualify this before I get lynched... The suspension to me was very soft. I know it can be adjusted but it spoiled my ride. The power delivery is very good and it is very forgiving when in the wrong gear. I also had an issue with getting the biting point right on the clutch but I put this down to only being on a short ride. The roads from Rivvy are shall we say very tight and extremely twisty. When stuck behind a pacesetter and on roads you don't know with a £1000 deposit in case you drop it it spoils the afair.

I think I will have to go see ducati leeds and borrow one on roads I know and am used to.

I was there from 10am till 12-30 saw a few other monsters but never found there riders, other than Barthog... Nice to see ya mate and your Missus.

buzzbomb
09-08-2009, 09:40 PM
I got to Rivvy Barn at 10-30 and left at 2-00, meet loads of ducati owners but no one from the UKMOC, my bike (hypermotard with red wheels) was parked next to the Ducati truck and I was nearby most of the time talking to friends and customers of Ducatimanchester.

BluprintZ
10-08-2009, 07:19 AM
Both myself and J_Dub, plus his lad (Honda bros), met up at around 12.00.pm, then rode over to my mates (FZR600) place in Little Lever near Bolton, then we set off to Rivvy and got there around two-ish.
Obviously missed you both, although we also saw a couple of Monsters, plus a Hyper but no owners.
Bit of a disappointing turn-out really, same last year.
Was hoping to get up to Devils Brige while i was up here, maybe next time.

leslie_dash
10-08-2009, 10:02 AM
I was there, parked by the entrance to the barn at the centre circle, someone on a red S4 parked next to me but wasn’t there for very long.

Lowsider
10-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Both myself and J_Dub, plus his lad (Honda bros), met up at around 12.00.pm, then rode over to my mates (FZR600) place in Little Lever near Bolton, then we set off to Rivvy and got there around two-ish.
Obviously missed you both, although we also saw a couple of Monsters, plus a Hyper but no owners.
Bit of a disappointing turn-out really, same last year.
Was hoping to get up to Devils Brige while i was up here, maybe next time.

Sorry to have missed ya....

Watch out at devils bridge its fuzz central.

LouSCannon
10-08-2009, 03:00 PM
I was rough as hell on Sunday, no way I was going to risk getting on the bike! Sorry guys, maybe next time?!

BluprintZ
10-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Sorry to have missed ya....
Watch out at devils bridge its fuzz central.

Nick -, yeah we got there after you had gone, although the Ducati Manchester peeps ambushed us with promo stuff and mentioned you had been there already, Slow slider i think he said, t`would that be thee lad? LOL.

Leslie -, Saw your bike by the S4 but not you..., then your bike was gone!!
About 4.00.pm i think you dissapeared, we weren't long after you.
Hope you both had a good day out, best part for me and J_Dub was probably the ride to Wigan when we left Rivvy, my mate on the Yam took us to see this friend of his who had a shed full of wonderful vintage Brit bikes, sound chap.

Jim - You didn't really miss that much mate, although it would have been brill to have had a ride-in with us all but t`wasn't to be, as you say...maybe next time eh?

I was struttin' around in me Ducati Corse cap and my UKMOC T shirt, so i did my best to advertise the club but no-one showed much interest, ah well.

Albie
10-08-2009, 06:21 PM
well I went and I tried out the M1100s....... Got to say a bit disappointed....

Now let me qualify this before I get lynched... The suspension to me was very soft. I know it can be adjusted but it spoiled my ride. The power delivery is very good and it is very forgiving when in the wrong gear. I also had an issue with getting the biting point right on the clutch but I put this down to only being on a short ride. The roads from Rivvy are shall we say very tight and extremely twisty. When stuck behind a pacesetter and on roads you don't know with a £1000 deposit in case you drop it it spoils the afair.

I think I will have to go see ducati leeds and borrow one on roads I know and am used to.

I was there from 10am till 12-30 saw a few other monsters but never found there riders, other than Barthog... Nice to see ya mate and your Missus.

I amazed you found it soft. I reckon they must have softened it for you. Shame it spoilt your first ride out. I know what you mean about £1000 demo fear. I was two up as well but it rocked and left my demo deposit with them. Have another go another time and enjoy. The clutch was a bit different to s4 also for me but quickly learnt.

Hoolie
10-08-2009, 07:27 PM
I was there from about 11am till 1.30pm. Spoke to several Ducati owners but no UKMOC. it was a good ride out though especially the return journey across Woodhead whic wasn't busy so had a blast :biggrin:

Lowsider
10-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Nick -, yeah we got there after you had gone, although the Ducati Manchester peeps ambushed us with promo stuff and mentioned you had been there already, Slow slider i think he said, t`would that be thee lad? LOL.G : )

Yep that was me... very slow... Well at least up through the section I didn't know... the really tight twisties in the 30 zone..... never been on such roads and I wanted to keep my £1000 demo deposit.

The ride was nice but my arse kept twitching.... so much more power than my 600. Also soft suspension compared to mine. Mine has been set up to me so I must give it a better go at Ducati Leeds... Then I will see.

keef
01-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Turned up about 11:30am left around 2pm only saw 1 other Monster, but was out on a 796 Hyper from 1:15 till 1:50 so may have missed a few.