PDA

View Full Version : Brake/Clutch bleeding!!!!!

Steve'o'M900
16-07-2009, 08:30 AM
Could someone shed some light for me???

In days gone by I do the usual (old jam jar/bit of clear hose) and was always able to bleed system through without too much hassle, although I always think I could get them alot better!!
So I decided to buy the Motrax pneumatic pump which looks the business!! however I'm hitting a brick wall with it:banghead:

There's instructions as to how to use, and one of the comments was look at Diagram 1 (no diagram anywhere?)

Anyway I plugged it on and released the bleed nipple, on squeezing the handle alot of air bubbles come through (great!!) but this goes on way too long and I've topped it up several times with air still coming through?? I believe that the air may be coming through the bleed nipples screw threads as it's alot stronger on pulling the fluid through. Do you reckon I need some grease around the threads to stop air coming through??

I thought this pump would aid me but im struggling at the moment
If anyone could point me in the right direction with this I'd be grateful.

cheers
Steve

Pomp1
16-07-2009, 09:41 AM
how many turns on the nipple? 1 1 1/2 should do and you shouldn't getting air. Also if you're doing the rear brake you'll need to remove the caliper and turn it upside down.

Nickj
16-07-2009, 11:49 AM
1 1 1/2 should do and you shouldn't getting air.

LOL that should be enough turns to have it lying on the deck!!!

Pedro
16-07-2009, 06:53 PM
I believe that the air may be coming through the bleed nipples screw threads as it's alot stronger on pulling the fluid through. Do you reckon I need some grease around the threads to stop air coming through??

That's what I suggested on the phone the other day! I used a big syringe and found it was pulling air round the threads - quick drop of grease, prob sorted

Shandy
16-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Sounds like another hard day 'working from home' again then posting this at 0930.......lol??

As they say up there to seal the threads or when you think its all bleed through on the pump use the old fashioned way, close the nipple pump the lever a few times and keep pressure on it release the nipple to get the last bit of air out.

Shandy

Steve'o'M900
16-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Sounds like another hard day 'working from home' again then posting this at 0930.......lol??

As they say up there to seal the threads or when you think its all bleed through on the pump use the old fashioned way, close the nipple pump the lever a few times and keep pressure on it release the nipple to get the last bit of air out.

Shandy

Work!! dont you accuse me of the W word!!
Well finally managed to sort it, a big dollop of grease and all started working, damn reservoir pots are so small, every time i thought i was there.....a big suction of AIR!!