PDA

View Full Version : leoVince cans

OplayneO
15-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Does anyone have these fitted or got any reviews/opinions?

A possibly option for my 696? i now the first answer will be termi's are the way forward and best to save for them.

i would really want a set of boom tubes or the other short pipes that was posted up here a while back that finished just under the seat, i emailed both company and both are still in development and would definitley want to see/hear them in person before ordering blind from the US.

these might just be a good option for the time being?

Catspoon
15-07-2009, 04:11 PM
I have a pair of Leo Vince SBKs with riser pipes so they sit under the seat and they have a very nice, deep, tuneful voice to them indeed - they're good quality too, and not ridiculously loud, just nicely the right side of lout :D .

I'll be selling mine in the next week or so as I'm going back to the standard cans. Just as soon as I've finished polishing up the exhaust system to bling it up a bit.

Catspoon
15-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Just remembered, I have a pair of Termis somewhere as well which I really must get round to refurbing soon. They're in a box, just can't think where I put them.

Albie
15-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Does anyone have these fitted or got any reviews/opinions?

A possibly option for my 696? i now the first answer will be termi's are the way forward and best to save for them.

i would really want a set of boom tubes or the other short pipes that was posted up here a while back that finished just under the seat, i emailed both company and both are still in development and would definitley want to see/hear them in person before ordering blind from the US.

these might just be a good option for the time being?

Ryanhorton1973 has the gp leo vinces on his 696 and have a very nice sound indeed. They are also very compact and require no set up unlike my new termis. There is still a set of termis that were on ebay from ex ashford dealer motorline for 696. They were priced at £625 for full kit. I paid £670 but were m1100

ryanhorton1973
15-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Hi. As Albie has mentioned I have the GP style Leo Vince fitted to my 696. They sound nice with the DB killers in. They are a bit loud for me with the DB killers removed, but they do turn a few heads (as well as setting off car alarms !). You can get them for around £420 on e-bay I believe. Easy to fit (only took a novice like me about 1 hour for both)

OplayneO
15-07-2009, 09:57 PM
great thanks for replys, can't find them termis on ebay. i looked any earlier before posting as well??

maybe the leovince might the easier cheaper option for now, £410 on ebay.

ryanhorton1973- have done you done the chop at the rear? i presume it will be fine with these these.

ryanhorton1973
16-07-2009, 07:16 AM
Yes. I have the Ducati tail tidy fitted on the bike with a standard sized number plate and there is no clearance issues.

Albie
16-07-2009, 03:46 PM
great thanks for replys, can't find them termis on ebay. i looked any earlier before posting as well??

maybe the leovince might the easier cheaper option for now, £410 on ebay.

ryanhorton1973- have done you done the chop at the rear? i presume it will be fine with these these.

If you want Termis they may still have them at Motoline ex ducati. They didnt sell as he told me and he said they may be relisted again. They were at £625 and no one took a punt . Im doing the tail this weekend with an EVOTECH one an half the price of ducati one. If you do get one tell them I recommended them to you.

Regarding clearance. The Termis brackets have 2 settings .1/ for tail tidy ( moves indicators slightly ) and 2/ for standard setup.

Albie
16-07-2009, 04:01 PM
PM sent to you regarding termis

Zimbo
17-07-2009, 10:36 PM
In my experience the quality of Leo Vince cans is higher than Termi. Given a choice between termi and LV I'd take LV every time.

MonstaChicky
19-07-2009, 07:44 PM
I have LVs on my M600...lovely sound :)

And they've just scraped through the noise-testing on trackdays!!!