PDA

View Full Version : Riders dropping everywhere!

Yorkie
13-07-2009, 08:08 PM
I have a little group of riders that work in the same place as me (13 of us), now apart from the odd number, so far we have had 5 accidents of various types, and severity.

The latest was about 40mins ago when a car pulled out on one of my blokes as he was on a roundabout!!

Result 1 man in a ditch and one very poorly brand new CBR 600, like these, the blue and white one, only 3 weeks old:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/mcn/2008/september/1-7/sep0508-honda-2009-cbr600rr/

Oh well, at least all the riders are okay!

Yorkie.

Albie
13-07-2009, 08:27 PM
I actually hate riding out in evenings at this time of year. Potentially the most dangerous time as its dusk and sunsetting. I met up with Gully and AlanC the other week around 8.00 in the evening. I actually wasn't going to ride because of the miles but I also didnt want to . I couldn't actually see riding up towards Brands Hatch for the sun. So car driver dont see the same either and because they are protected they arn't so worried either. I actually worried for around an hour as I told AlanC later. I was worried about my 2 mates having a hoon and was more worried about Gully as he seemed to me to be all excited as he doesnt ride the bike much and was gagging for some fun by the look of him. Thankfully they both got back safe and maybe Im just a worrier.
Im much more careful a driver because of bikes and I wish others were.
I hope all your friends are ok and nothing too serious.

Yorkie
13-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Just some trashed bikes, not all of them crashed at this time of the day!

Some have been following faster, quicker, madder riders! Before the corners bit!!

Yorkie

BluprintZ
14-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Just some trashed bikes, not all of them crashed at this time of the day!
Some have been following faster, quicker, madder riders! Before the corners bit!!
Yorkie

I wonder who that was then..!!?
y`all right Yorkie?

G : )

Yorkie
14-07-2009, 12:02 PM
G,

Because mine is un-faired its slow in their eyes, so i couldnt have been me. It does get them a little rattled when you overtake them on a corner, round the outside!

Yorkie.