PDA

View Full Version : First Sevice Done

Albie
11-07-2009, 04:17 PM
I just had my first service today and it cost £400 . Yes I got had my the carbon fibre goodies they had and I couldn't resist and a couple of nice matching his and her T shirts. My way of thanking Caroline for letting me have my bike.
I headed off at 08.30 and before Clackett Lane M25 it started chucking it down. Stopped and put my new proper size waterproofs on ( thanks to AlanC ) and carried on and got to Chichester around 10.00.
Booked her in and Richard showed me the new stock carbon tank strip and top he just got in. Hmm oh go on then fit them. Good job I had a rucksack to take stuff home. I declined the headlight cover for this time.
Then popped up to see Melanie and got mugged for a couple of very nice Ducati Tee shirts.

A nice bit of brekkie across the road and then went to pay the bill for service and goodies.

Nearly bought some anodised stuff too but refrained.

Oh a word of advice to new owners. Dont do as book says and do less than 600 miles before service. Do between 620 or 650 as the spanner comes on after 600 or in my case 628 miles. I took it in at 597 and they went round the block and done 610 and still no spanner light. They told me if it came on in a few miles come straight back and they will reset it. Try 30 minutes down the road and 16 miles in the rain. I just had to turn round and get it done as no doubt another dealer would probably have the hump if I asked them to reset it.
Anyway I had a great time riding in the rain all day and it performed well with the bridgestones. 250 miles today and gently bringing the revs up and took it up to a ton very quickly and accelerating up to 6000 revs. Awesome engine.

Love my bike.

barbican
11-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Must have just missed you - also had breakfast oposite CMW till about 10 and then after a bit of shopping bought a paddock stand in CMW before heading back home in the car and rain

craigie
11-07-2009, 06:20 PM
I couldn't resist and a couple of nice matching his and her T shirts. My way of thanking Caroline for letting me have my bike.

You're a lucky man, if I bought a 10 grand bike I'd have to get my girl something a bit more substantial than a t-shirt.

Albie
11-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Must have just missed you - also had breakfast oposite CMW till about 10 and then after a bit of shopping bought a paddock stand in CMW before heading back home in the car and rain

Oh thats a shame. I could have bought you a coffee. I take it thats not your immaculate tricolor for sale in there. It was very nice . Harpers is the place where me and Caroline eat there. Cracking food.

Albie
11-07-2009, 09:45 PM
You're a lucky man, if I bought a 10 grand bike I'd have to get my girl something a bit more substantial than a t-shirt.

I also bought her the touring seat as well. Funny she loved her Tee shirt. Cos she loves me see. :)

Oh and I did buy her a KA too

barbican
11-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Yes that was my Tri - I'd like to buy it back but...

I was in Hornet Provisions just accross the road

When I've done the running in bit I'll come up to the Oakdene since I haven't been there for a year or more, I know how to spot your bike i'tll be the one with all the carbon!

Albie
12-07-2009, 08:28 AM
It was a great condition bike I must say, and so did the advert they put on it. As new.

So whats next then the streetfighter. I do like them in black.

Snips
12-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Oh a word of advice to new owners. Dont do as book says and do less than 600 miles before service. Do between 620 or 650 as the spanner comes on after 600 or in my case 628 miles. I took it in at 597 and they went round the block and done 610 and still no spanner light.

Being an Italian bike, the first service is defined in kilometers, so the first spanner should come on at 1000 km, which equals 621 miles.

Best write I've seen on a first service ;)

uksurfer
12-07-2009, 08:59 AM
It was a great condition bike I must say, and so did the advert they put on it. As new.

So whats next then the streetfighter. I do like them in black.

i think they look nice in red
________
GENETICALLY MODIFIED FOOD (http://gmfoods.info/)

Albie
12-07-2009, 09:00 AM
That would explain it as 62mph =100kmh. As I said to Richard at CMW the warranty book states that service should be done before 600miles and then 7500miles. Had I known I could have had a midweek ride somewhere as was gagging for one.

Whilst I was there a young lady was trying the 696 and having to test in the rain. Shes already got a nice m600 according to her Dad. I told them about the club and possibly use the club to sell the bike if she likes the 696. Hopefully a new member soon then

walpole68
12-07-2009, 09:49 AM
So how was the extra 1000rpm on the way home?

craigie
12-07-2009, 09:54 AM
I also bought her the touring seat as well. Funny she loved her Tee shirt. Cos she loves me see. :)

Oh and I did buy her a KA too

Ah love....and a car, that's more like it. Well done.

Albie
12-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Ahhhhh the extra 1000revs man that was good. Took it up to near a ton well at one point a ton was achieved :look::look:. I guess you just be gentle and build up now. 30 years since I ran a bike in last.

I have just spent 2 hours cleaning it. It was cr4ppy to say the least. Im afraid the toothbrush came out.

Oh another tip for new school monster owners. If they do work on your bike undoubtably the tank covers will come off at some time. I checked before I rode home that the screws were in the side lower panels and yes they were. Today I discover the lefthand one vacant as in missing/lost/not there/gone even. Take an allen key with you and check tightness yourself. I know Ryan lost some and they charged him a tenner for a poxy little screw. I will source some better grade ones and replace mine.