PDA

View Full Version : Worst Village/Town/City that you know Folk From - ie Thornbury, Glouc'

STIVH
05-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Folks my job takes me around the country meeting jo public everyday I have just spent a full week in Thornbury, Gloucestershire (off the A38) I can honestly say in three years of traveling and greeting/meeting I have never met a more obnoxious, stuck up, pompous ignorant and just plain bloody rude group of folk. From the smallest to the tallest, youngest to the oldest pound for pound they are truly horrific.

Not sure if it's inbreeding or isolation either way they have a problem in their genes.

Strange thing is just 10 miles south I met some of the funniest most pleasant folk you could hope to meet.

It certainly is my No 1 choice for a noisy blast through with an open exhaust on any sunny Sunday morning.

If Iran do get the A bomb let it drop on Thornbury It won't be missed on my map.

S4Rs-Tone
05-07-2009, 01:12 PM
possibly because it's getting nearer welsh wales?

JR
05-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Pretty simple answer - the town has two of the best schools in the SW - there is even a private bus for children from Bristol, so, you probably did not meet any local people. Very much to do with schools and postcodes.Your Mancunian accent probably didnt help (if that is what you have)!!!!!! I come from St Helens in the days when it was Lancashire so no offence intended, though while living in Thornbury I commuted to Wythenshawe for 6 long years, and I know what place i would be bombing in your scenario.