PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Ducati 900SS

claicerrig
04-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Evening all

I know i haven't posted much on here in the last few months but i do a bit of Lurking to keep up to date :mand:

Any way a good friend of mine had his 900 ss pinched from outside his house in HOLYHEAD Anglesey Yesterday afternoon some time between 1 and 4 pm

Here is the description given if any one can help get it back he would be so grateful

1993 Ducati 900ss, red with small nose faring.
Reg: L459GRJ
Frame number: ***1807
Engine number: **779
Data tag number: YID0040647

The bike has the front wheel in black and the rear in grey

Thanks to you all

Clai :flag:

claicerrig
09-07-2009, 07:33 AM
Quick update

Yesterday the Police informed us that the bike had been spotted by APN number cameras going South on the M6 just North of Stafford . A Patrol car was dispatched and a chase ensued at high speed along the M6 . This was called off near Cannock due to the stupidly high speeds (142mph at 1 point ) and dangerous riding through heavy traffic to evade the pursuit .

So if any one sees or hears of a pick or cheap parts being offered please call there area or Holyhead Police to report IT

Thanks for reading

Clai

BluprintZ
09-07-2009, 08:38 AM
iawn Dave.

Bechod mate, wonder why they didn't get the helicopter on the job, could have followed it, or at least hassled the toe-rag into ditching it and doing a runner.
Hope it does turn up, although i'm not sure i would want it back after the thrashing it's had!
BTW, a mate in Llangristiolous has not long bought an S4 Challenge, didn't know what it was until someone told him!
He's aware of the UKMOC.

Cofion gorau,

G : )

giler
09-07-2009, 09:42 AM
142MPH - that's a good 900ss!

claicerrig
21-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Another Update

The bike has been recovered in Birmingham over the weekend but i am sad to say the report from the storage place make it sound like a write off :(

Front smashed
No igntion barrel
Wiring loom hacked to prices
Petrol Tank cap lock smashed and paint strached
Scuffs everywhere
Exhaust damaged

I hope the guy`s that did this rot for a long time

Thanks for the assistance

Clai

Albie
22-07-2009, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the assistance
thats sad clai.
the bloke will get a cup of tea a slice of cake a free solicitor a tell off and then probs a rent free house. scumbags get away with all theft unless its government valued theft unless your a low morals mp of course

Ginger
22-07-2009, 08:43 AM
I hate these idots! Man if anyone touches one of my bikes I will literally kick the living crap out of them. I don't know your mate with the 900ss but I bet that he is like the rest of us - Working all week to keep the bike on the road. Then some dip**** comes along and wrecks it.
Only just last night I saw a guy broke into a house, knicked the poor guys keys to his bike, wrote it off then went back for his other one which he dropped after being chased. What did he get? 150hours community service! That left the poor bloke with 2 smashed up bikes and higher premiums becuase of one idiot.
They should shop there hands off! (and something else!)

Red
22-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Seems to be alot of Ducati's being stolen we had a 748 and an S4 taken about 2 months ago took the kids quad bike, helmets and a jacket. Our friends CCTV showed they were waiting for us to go too work. B******S And then Robbed again by the Insurance companies. I agree with the hand chop option at least you would know who to look for.....:Furious:

Bodybag
23-07-2009, 12:48 AM
My best mate bought an 18 month old R1 about three months ago. 5 days later, he was came home from work to see two lads coming out of his garage with it. Stupid little ****s weren't even bright enough to realise they couldn't ride it. When they saw him they dropped the bike and ran off. He's a copper and within minutes the helicopter was up and looking for the thieving scum (not favouritsm but as it was a break in progress, they sent it straight up). Couldn't find the little tossers, and even now he thinks its the thick twat who lives about half a dozen houses up the road!! He'd had the bike 5 days and it was written off as they'd damaged the frame and the swing arm when they were taking it!!

I say, don't chop their hands off, saw them off with a rusty blade then let them rot in a fetid toilet!!