PDA

View Full Version : Tyres???

JoM
04-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Hi all,

I am in need of some new tyres for my 620ie, and being a girl I have no blumin idea about them only they are round, black and made of rubber!! :fou:

At the moment I have Michelin Pilot Power's which I am happy with but wondered if there were any others I should try?

Any help would be much appreciated

Ciao Jo:yoparty:

Bodybag
04-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Pirelli Diablo are the recommended tyre. Continental Road Attack or Sport Attack are good too. I've used both and they're both very good all round tyres for dry and wet riding.

Hope this helps.

BB

PETE.AKO
04-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Hi
I have put Dunlop Qualifiers on my 750 they grip well. BUT! they follow the lines in the road till they get warmed up ? I will not put them on next time.Am at Mallory park next weekend so that will be the end of them? good luck with you're choice of tyre.
By the way the rear lasted 3000 miles . I ride out with a blade-675-rc8 so i have to show them the way round the twisty bits!!!

craigie
04-07-2009, 03:34 PM
I've got Pilot Powers on mine at the moment and they are the best tyre I have had, it's all a bit personal but I prefer them to Diablo's. If you feel you need more grip you could try the Pilot Power 2CT.

JMo
04-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Ha ha - three replies and three different recommendations already... this is one of the most subjective (and tedious) thread themes on any bike forum...

They are all good (as those above have said) - I'd phone a few places and see what the price differences are... if you are happy with what's already on your bike and they are a good price, stick with them?

xxx

BluprintZ
04-07-2009, 04:34 PM
I have Bridgestone 020's on mine, i've just taken delivery of another pair.
It seems from the last couple of posts, that everyone has their favourites, so i assume it's more a matter of personal taste what you decide to get, write-ups about various tyres in the magazines or on websites also seems to be a deciding factor on what choices people make.
There's such a choice out there, so i suppose it's maybe down to what style of riding you do, howling around, howling plus a bit of touring...etc!?

G : )

StevieB
04-07-2009, 07:17 PM
I had Pirelli Diablo Stradas on my 620 , and thought they were very good . If I am correct , they are considerably cheaper than the michelins or bridgestones

Space Cadet
05-07-2009, 10:51 AM
We're limited in decent tyres for our relatively small rimed 620's aren't we.

My mechanic advised me to put the 2CT's on mine, he said he fits them to all his bikes.

I'm very happy with them so far, much grippyier than the standard Diablos.

They seem to be the best tyres available in our sizes that aren't track-day only spec.

snakey
05-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Avon azzaro's on both bikes - the Monster from choice and the sport through necessity(the only tires for 16 inch rims that i could find) i like the handling wet or dry and the length of time they last, though to be fair i'm not a wheely merchant, and don't hammer it too often.
I don't know how long they would last if i was.

Pete.

benson
05-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Small rims need not be a hindrance. Sorry - got my coat.....:shocked:

JoM
06-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Small rims need not be a hindrance. Sorry - got my coat.....:shocked:

HA HA HA HA:on:

JoM
06-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Thanks to everyone for your help, this has defo given me some guidance :spin:
Jo

desmo
06-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Last set of tyres I had were Pirelli Strada's & I was quite impressed with them, however because my other bike was fitted with Bridgestones I went with them.
I have now done quite a few miles on the Bridgestone 010's & I am really impressed, good roadholding wet or dry, they turn into corners really nicely & the wear rate seems pretty good.
Thing is with tyres, a lot of it as someone else said is down to personal preference.

Pomp1
06-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Got diablo III on the monster and they're great. but I've recently tried a friends' Suzuki TL fitted with Avon and they're very good tires, quite impressed with them, and they're some 40 quid cheaper than mine for the rear alone.

boyse7en
07-07-2009, 08:16 AM
Just to add to the mix...

I had Bridgestone BT021s which were very good, and lasted about 7000 miles

Now got Dunlop Roadsmarts, which are a bit more reassuring in the corners (don't know whether they grip better, but they feel nicer). Don't know the longevity yet.

Chass
07-07-2009, 03:28 PM
I have several sets of part worn Pirelli Diablos off the DD bikes still got plenty of life left in them less than a 3rd worn £50 a pair + a bit of p&p.

mjw
07-07-2009, 06:10 PM
yeah,just fitted a pair of roadsmarts too,they do seem pretty good...supposed to last a fair bit too.!