PDA

View Full Version : Benson's Nephew...

benson
02-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Right - my lovely 19 year old nephew, Dave, is looking to get involved in a project build/rebuild or something where he can learn about engines and stuff - notice my technical jargon.

Dave's just done his first year at Birmingham Uni on an automotive design course, lots of work already under his belt with cars but the genetic predilection for bikes is beginning to surface and he's hankering after a monster and a rebuild, so I just thought I'd post and see if anyone is willing/able to let him help with their project???

Ideally someone with a business will take him on for work experience and he will become a genius and make us all lots of money - but in the meantime if has a project and needs a willing hand please let me know!

If all else fails, I might even consider trying to get ho9d of an old M600 to do up and we can sit in the shed with mugs of tea sucking our teeth for hours.......

hope to hear from all you garage bunnies soon!!!!!
:ukm:

Scotty
03-07-2009, 08:40 PM
oooooh look what happened to 'lost again'

inhale through teeth ;)

benson
03-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Scotty - what did happen to him? It can only be better than then year the side stand failed and everything fell off his bike on the journey to and from the weekender!!!

Scotty
04-07-2009, 07:54 AM
I can only assume it is how 'the man in a shed building stuff affliction' starts, I recon he's probably in a garage right now breaking something else :o

benson
04-07-2009, 08:04 AM
I think it must also be developing cross gender lines as I might just start to suffer from woman in the shed syndrome... Hey ho - it'll keep me off the streets...

Lost Again
13-07-2009, 12:48 PM
It's a bit of a coincidence that I've found this today.
While I've been checking back on occasion I've not posted in ages and was just about to in a desperate plea for help.

I am indeed alive and well, though the Monster has been somewhat neglected over the last 12 months. After the last weekender I attended I replaced the battery (after having to bump start it on the Sun morn) and rode it quite merrily for a year and a half or so and all was well! Unfortunately it then stuck in gear on my way down to a Foo Fighters gig at Wembley last June. Given that I was supposed to be setting off round Europe 2 weeks later I bit the bullet, got a loan and bought a Blackbird which has been my daily steed since.
This plus me living with mates at the time with the Monster in a crowded garage that was dark and full of spiders with no 'leccy meant the Monster got left to one side. Then there was the whole girlfriend thing and pretty much living at her place and the Monster didn't stand a chance. Work has resumed in recent months though and it shall be rolling again soon!
I have struck upon a slight problem on Saturday though, seperate thread to follow....