PDA

View Full Version : It's only machine

NigelC
01-07-2009, 08:54 PM
But my monnies only been gone to it's new home in london town a few minutes and i'm missing it already :( i'm going to regret selling it like i did with my ZX7R but why do we get attached like that after all it's only a machine :confused:

Albie
01-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Its sad isnt it. Im lucky I had something to replace it with already. I guess you had to sell it though. Hope you got a good price in the end. I remember following you back I think near chichester years ago when you went to psychlists. I think I must have been on my Black m900 then around 5years ago or may have been my s4.
Hope you get another one day soon.

LVC
02-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Only a machine maybe but how many other machines do we spend time alone with (careful...only clean answers please)? Even in a car we have the radio/CD for distractions.

Some bikes have souls ..... go on how many of us admit to talking to our bikes?

I know I do :look:

LouSCannon
02-07-2009, 09:05 AM
We're saving for a hefty deposit at the moment and selling the bike would be a big help, and really is the sensible move as for me it is a luxury, but I just can't bring myself to do it...!

gremlin
02-07-2009, 09:51 AM
My two inanimate things I'd keep whatever happens are my old MG and the bike. Before I got the bike I'd been so broke it was really getting to the point that something had to go and the ex was eyeing up Jazzy, needless to say he went she didn't! Clive nags at me to sell the car because she just sits there but I can't sell her, she's the first car I ever bought and she's been there for me when I've been really low and when I can't ride the bike anymore I'll have her adapted so I can drive her (she's heavy on the steering and has hopelesss brakes). Then no doubt I'll keep the bike and get nagged about that! Some vehicles do seem to have a soul type thing and you do bond with them. I'd cry if the Landy went but wouldn't be too bothered if my Skoda had to go.
Other cars just haven't had whatever it is that Jazzy has and the same with the bike, I guess it's because both have been in need of lots of TLC, so I've spent time with them pulling them apart and making them better, and in both cases had them in the house, (Jazzys body came in when Clive sprayed her and Gremlin was completely stripped indoors).

Pomp1
02-07-2009, 09:56 AM

God, I do, and quite a lot.. the last week I've been using the husky a lot more and when the new top yoke arrived I went up to the Monster and said " see, you still my favorite.. look at the present I've bought you.."
And I'm proud of that..

Pomp1
02-07-2009, 09:58 AM
We're saving for a hefty deposit at the moment and selling the bike would be a big help, and really is the sensible move as for me it is a luxury, but I just can't bring myself to do it...!

don't you dare! sell your body first :chuckle:

LouSCannon
02-07-2009, 10:05 AM

Talk to mine all the time, especially on long rides. Remember one particular cold dark winter late night riding home we had a great natter!

gremlin
02-07-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one, I always talk to her in the garage and tell her she's been a good girl when we get back from a ride. Stupidly if I get a bit fast into something I tell her to steady, think it's a hang over from riding horses, like she's actually going to slow up of her own accord, :confused: Mind you the horses didn't take much notice either so not much difference really.