PDA

View Full Version : New Pinlock system - ARAI mostly

Redkite
28-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Anyone tried this new system from pinlock yet?
Larger field of vision and you just change inserts (yellow \orange \dark\darker\ clear) instead of complete visor. Thinking of getting one for my ARAi Chaser because it's not too good at night anymore - 3 years old now and a bit scratched..
Price is (NL) 99 euros per complete visor with larger pinlock and 35 euros for extra coloured inserts. Not that cheap really.
Also because of the larger pinlock area the Arai loses its ventilation holes in the visor itsself.

http://www.pinlock.com/index2.htm

barbican
28-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Haven't tried the new Max vision type yet, but will do as soon as they do one for Shoei.

Thanks for flagging them up, with the normal system the seal gets in the way too much, but they work so well I put up with them - and moan!

lumpy lump lump
28-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Hi Redkite
i use the pinlock in my arai (dark tint ) spot on ! brother has a yellow insert in
his shoei and swears by it
cheers Lumpy

Redkite
09-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Bought a replacement Arai (Chaser) visor yesterday in a kit with the new Max vision interchangeable pinlock. I just bought the clear, non-coloured version.
Tested it today and it gives much better vision, way better than the standard Pinlock.
As far as I can tell the only cons are that because the pinlock is bigger there are no visor 'eyebrow' airvents . (Those with an ARAI Chaser will know what I mean). On the Pro side, the helmet is a bit quieter without these vents.