PDA

View Full Version : hi new s4rs owner

hiscot
20-06-2009, 04:57 AM
hi just got a nice black s4rs and i was quite impressed for a hundred miles or so
i .rode it back from aberdeen in monsoon type conditions it rode fantastic i am very impressed how stable and planted it felt but sadly the fuel low light came on just before inverness . with less than 10 miles to the fuel station ,by the time i reached the station it was trying to cut out .i refilled all of £10.86 but its never run right since , with another 60 miles north to go it never had the same power , by the time i got 40mls north it was again cutting out running on one cylinder ect it will tick over and run badly at high revs but in between pops bangs stutters and cuts out feels like fuel starvation ?
i am a wee bit disappointed for my first days ownership
bob

Stafford
20-06-2009, 07:51 AM
Hello and welcome, you could be the most northern member.
Great choice of model, probably the best (well water cooled one anyway)

Your woes could just be the fact it was a typical dreich day in Scotland, take obvious connectors apart and check for water ingress. Probably pull the stick coils as well and check they are dry.

That asides, fantastic suspension, great brakes with a motor that could pull any bird on a Saturday night, what more could you want.

Pedro
20-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Might also be worth seeing if the tank has pick up some water - I think there's some addative you can put in to sort it

hiscot
20-06-2009, 05:07 PM
thanks for the help ,electrics look to be fine , does the in tank filter cause trouble, and whats this additive ? ( i will try a search )
cheers bob