PDA

View Full Version : Dropped it !!!!!

Robot
17-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Dropped it on Sunday !
Car in front decided to turn left suddenly (no indication) on a tight right hander.
I was obviosly too close as I had to grab a big handful of front brake, locking up the front and saying hello to the tarmac !
Got away with a mega- bruise on my pelvis.
The bike wasn't so fortunate and looks decidedly second-hand on the right hand side.
The clutch cover looked very clutch shaped so I removed it before trying to start the engine (thank God for dry clutches).
Managed to ride it home and Ducati Manchester picked it up for an insurance quote yesterday.

Booooo Hooooo!!!

Diego
17-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Dropped it on Sunday !
Car in front decided to turn left suddenly (no indication) on a tight right hander.
I was obviosly too close as I had to grab a big handful of front brake, locking up the front and saying hello to the tarmac !
The bike wasn't so fortunate and looks decidedly second-hand on the right hand side.
The clutch cover looked very clutch shaped so I removed it before trying to start the engine (thank God for dry clutches).
Managed to ride it home and Ducati Manchester picked it up for an insurance quote yesterday.

Booooo Hooooo!!!

argh I feel your pain m8. Two times last year. Did you have crash bungs?

Robot
17-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Unfortunately no !

littlejimmy12
17-06-2009, 06:19 PM
sorry to hear that, right at the beginning of summer, happened to me last August - I was hit from behind, crash bungs saved it from been a right off for sure.

gremlin
17-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Welcome to the club! Mine got parked horizontally quite a few times when I first got her! Crash bungs are the must have.

buzzbomb
17-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Nice to meet you yesterday,i'm just sorry it was in such a sad circumstance, its still my favorite colour combination even though i've got a tricolore.
Hope it all works out for you and that it all go's back together o/k.

Scootaboy
17-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Dropped it on Sunday !

Booooo Hooooo!!!

just recently got a settlement from someone pulling out on me a few months back...booked it into rosso corse for to make it better again...I feel your pain! but good job you werent hurt too much.

Admittedly I first read your post as 'Got away with a mega- bruise on my penis'

MonstaChicky
17-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Haha, ouch, that would have been so much worse!!!

Where can I get crash bungs and are they easy to put on? Really ought to fit some as I'm taking my Monster on track........

Shuffy
17-06-2009, 11:42 PM

Where can I get crash bungs and are they easy to put on? Really ought to fit some as I'm taking my Monster on track........

R&G's are my personal preference and they're easy to fit. They saved my S2R from being written off before Christmas.

http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/Ducati/Monster/2000.aspx

MonstaChicky
18-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Eeeek, they're not cheap, but I suppose a lot cheaper than the alternative! Will try and get some on before next track day :)

Robot
18-06-2009, 07:42 PM
just recently got a settlement from someone pulling out on me a few months back...booked it into rosso corse for to make it better again...I feel your pain! but good job you werent hurt too much.

Admittedly I first read your post as 'Got away with a mega- bruise on my penis'

No ! If that had been the case,it would have read 'Got away with a bruise on my mega-penis' ( not). :scratch:

kneedown
18-06-2009, 07:49 PM
well atlease you are ok 'i know that is not how you feel at the time 'or even for a while after .hope things get sorted
chris

Robot
18-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Nice to meet you yesterday,i'm just sorry it was in such a sad circumstance, its still my favorite colour combination even though i've got a tricolore.
Hope it all works out for you and that it all go's back together o/k.

Thanks Al !!??
Nice to meet you to.
See you down at Chris's Emporium sometime , when they've glued it back together (the bike not the Emporium).
And thanks for your help!

Cheers Rob.:thumbsup:

Scootaboy
18-06-2009, 08:56 PM
No ! If that had been the case,it would have read 'Got away with a bruise on my mega-penis' ( not). :scratch:

:):):chuckle:

mazydog
20-06-2009, 10:53 AM
sorry to hear you had a spill hope your ok,

Robot
20-06-2009, 02:01 PM
sorry to hear you had a spill hope your ok,

Thanks Chris,

Yes, I'm alright apart from the aformentioned bruise.
And my pride is a little bid wounded as well.

Cheers Rob.

Snips
20-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Hope you get it sorted.

mazydog
20-06-2009, 07:22 PM
glad to hear your ok Rob anything else can be fixed, whereabouts did it happen.

OplayneO
20-06-2009, 08:02 PM

very easy to put on with a good socket set, just remember to prop up the engine when you put the long engine mount one through. trolly jack works well so you can adjust if needed. Ducati told me it was a a tricky workshop job :dizzy:

Robot
21-06-2009, 09:05 AM
glad to hear your ok Rob anything else can be fixed, whereabouts did it happen.

That nice right hander at Twemlow (between Holmes Chapel and Jodrell Bank) with the Goostrey turning on the bend.

If we meet up in the near future, might have to get the Kwak out.

Cheers Rob

mazydog
21-06-2009, 06:56 PM
i must have passed through but cant recall it. If the weather is ok saturday i was going to post a thread for a ride out,

Robot
21-06-2009, 11:49 PM
i must have passed through but cant recall it. If the weather is ok saturday i was going to post a thread for a ride out,

Don't know if I could manage that one.
But will no doubt catch up with you soon.

Regards Rob