PDA

View Full Version : Question?

vtaggart
16-06-2009, 10:32 PM
Hello everyone

I have a couple of questions need guideance on,

I had a full termignoni system with ecu and filter fitted to my S2R 1000 today, it has improved performance greatly and sound fab but the twin cans don't sit evenly (cock-eyed). should I just adjust them myself or return it to the dealer.

Also from getting it back the headlight now will not switch off with the ignition and has a time delay of about 30 seconds

Has anyone had these problems I would value your opinions.

Thanks Vince

Jasper
17-06-2009, 06:52 AM
Hello Vince,

Personally i would adjust them myself but i'm sure others would say take it back! i just prefer doing things to my bike myself.

i'm thinking of putting the same cans on my S2R 1000 and i wanted to ask you a question, have you still got the catalyst on or was it a system that doesn't require it and if not how would that affect an M.O.T?

As for the headlight staying on???...........maybe it is something to do with the ECU being changed that has disrupted the wireing?? i would firstly try removing the fuse for the headlight, disconnecting the wireing and then reconnecting it all, before taking it back to the garage.

Hope this rather vague and sketchy reply helps you somewhat.

Jason.

Gilps
17-06-2009, 07:32 AM
I would take it back to the dealers to straigthen the cans.
I've eard of the headlight feature being on newer bikes so maybe it is a feature on your new ECU. I may be possible to disable it. The dealer should be able to tell you how.

hydromonkey
17-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Hi Vince

Glad to hear the Tremis are a great improvement, I am still waiting on mine:(

As for the alignment it would probably be safer taking them back, but given the distance you have to travel it would probably be quicker loosening the clamps and doing it yourself. Just be careful as the bolt on the exhaust claps rung off on mine when I was refitting the cat. They loosened ok but would not tighten enough to seal the exhaust. The threads seemed to have become brittle with the heat and rung as soon as they got near tight. I have replaced the bolts with something a bit stronger, but it was a pain getting them loosened once the threads were gone.

As for the headlight, it is probably a new "feature".

On another note if the weather is good on over the weekend I should be heading round the cost, if you fancy a spin.

Kenny

rollo22
17-06-2009, 07:11 PM
The headlight staying on is an ECU thing was worried when it first happend on the S4RS.
Dealer said not to worry ECU

vtaggart
17-06-2009, 08:40 PM
The headlight staying on is an ECU thing was worried when it first happend on the S4RS.
Dealer said not to worry ECU

Thanks for that, did they have to re-programme it?

vtaggart
19-06-2009, 11:31 PM
On another note if the weather is good on over the weekend I should be heading round the cost, if you fancy a spin.

Kenny[/QUOTE]

Hi Kenny

Will be up the Antrim coast on Sunday morning for breakfast at Thresa's Cafe in Cusendun between 10.30-11.00am then onto Ballycastle. Have to be home for 14.30 as wife has to work:thumbsdown:, hope to see you there or anyone else from this site.

cheers Vince

vtaggart
19-06-2009, 11:35 PM
Hello Vince,

i'm thinking of putting the same cans on my S2R 1000 and i wanted to ask you a question, have you still got the catalyst on or was it a system that doesn't require it and if not how would that affect an M.O.T?

Jason.

Hello Jason, I have replaced the catalyst with the DP pipe, the cans are E marked so should'nt be a problem for MOT as long as the baffles are in.

Took your advice and adjusted the cans at my mates took two hours to get them right but it was worth it

Cheers Vince

hydromonkey
20-06-2009, 04:52 PM
If it is dry I will try too make it to Cushendun by 11 but more that likley meet you on the road or Ballycastle. Will you be taking the road via Torr head?

vtaggart
21-06-2009, 01:15 AM
If we are heading to Ballycastle we go past the vanishing lake.

Maybe see you later.

Vince

hydromonkey
21-06-2009, 08:53 AM
Hi Vince

Its a bit too wet for me so will have to be another time. Hope you have a good time if you do head out.

Kenny

vtaggart
21-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Didnt bother myself, forgot it was fathers day and my girls made me breakfast in bed this morning :D

Its a weekly thing we have started doing weather premitting, although I am away next.

Cheers Vince

ps. I will post pictures of the bike with pipes fitted later

hydromonkey
21-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Given the choice between breakfast in bed or a sodden trip round the coast, I think you made the right choice.

It is probably best that I didn't see or hear yours with the termis fitted as I am getting a bit impatient waiting for mine to arrive and I think that might have pushed me over the edge.

Look forward to the pics.