PDA

View Full Version : I just joined in... hello...

Javigar
14-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Hi all oher guys that, like me, love the Ducati Monster :hail:(best thing ever invented since... help me there!)

This is the first "hello" thread I have ever poseted (first site club ever joined too). I am not too familiar with what to say here, just thought of giving it a go and see the response (welcome emails would be appreciated)

I have had a gorgeous Ducati Monster 600 Dark for one and a half years already, it s my first "big" bike since passing the A2 and I have loved every minute of it (despite one problem with the electrics, but it dodnt put e off)

The truth is I didnt really want to pat the £500 for the direct access license and opted to pay £200 less and be restricted to 33bhp (big mistake) :thumbsdown:but I wanted a monster so badly I restricted it... I know: "how can you do that?" well, it was that or a boring jap 500, and to be honest, this bike is so quick to response that it is still a lot of fun, you just need to change gears quickly to avoid hitting the restrictor and she keeps on going forward until... well, the restrictor doesnt let you any more, but this is at 85mph (it has a 14 tooth sproket) and the wind blast already puts you off. The big problem is that it does not wheelie, which is good to keep the bike in one piece

So, yes it is restricted but I still enjoy it and I thought I could join the club (probably to be told off) and pop by to one of your weekend meetings for a nice ride. I am also thinking of doing a few upgrades and still struggle to find the topics in this forum, but I will wrap up here and post other "threads" as appropiate

Anyway, I hope to hear from you guys... oh, and I live in London but can commute easily to other areas if you meet.

Best

Javi (Spanish as you can see)

scrapps
15-06-2009, 06:01 AM
Hello and welcome. it does not matter if your bike is old,new,big ,small,standard,modified. if its a monster you will get a warm welcome.:spin:

chris yeatman
15-06-2009, 06:09 AM
hello and welcome to the club

MonstaChicky
15-06-2009, 06:31 AM
Hola! Welcome :)

Lucati
15-06-2009, 07:18 AM
Hi and welcome!

This is a great site especially if you are looking to do stuff to your bike as there seem to be lots of wise old (and not so old!) owls on here.

I believe there are meet ups in and around London, Boxhill over near Dorking in Surrey is a nice ride out although a little intimidating a=unless you arrive with other bike friends so if you ever fancy a ride out that way drop me a line and i'll be your wing man!

I'm guessing you can take that restrictor off soon and unleash your mighty monster!...

Good luck.

Lucati (aka Luke!)

J.P
15-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Welcome. If you've had the bike for a while you'll know why we all love the bikes too and no one worries if it's old or new like Scrapps says. We're very helful & very friendly.

Arbeia
15-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Welcome to the family,friend;)

Diego
15-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Bienvenido Javi! Great choice on bike!

Love the Dark models. I have had three of em so far.

Justo ayer hicimos un recorrido halicunante por Essex desde Londres. Organizado por yours truly et co.

Yeah dude. Hop along one of these times. Seguro que te va a encantar.

Pomp1
15-06-2009, 09:29 AM
hi and welcome! 33 bhp is enough to have fun anyway..if you come down the Essex area gives a shout.
Just one question: Pedrosa or Lorenzo?

Kato
15-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Hola y bienvenida

LVC
15-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Welcome to the family

:ukm:

OplayneO
15-06-2009, 04:50 PM
nothing wrong with a restrictor, its like getting as free upgrade when you take it off...be it before or after the 2 years. ;)

welcome.

Javigar
15-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Blimey! what a quick response, I am overwhelmed!

thanks a lot guys! I will join you for a rise soon after I do the 18,000 miles service due tomorrow (great quote BTW with daytona services - no free publicity though), I will reply now to all of you and yes.. the Monster rocks! if I only could do/afford all the upgrades I am looking at (I am quite useless with the spanner)