PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP Catalunya (thread with spoilers)

Snips
14-06-2009, 02:03 PM
What a finish to the race!

Great to see two riders on top form, on equally matched bikes, deliver some cracking action.

Both guys were really pushing the limits with such close racing. Good to see experience win through too, showing the upstart the way home ;)

And with the 3 top riders on 106 points, the title is now wide open.

The rest of the season is set up for a great showdown.

Yorkie
14-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Superb race, flashbacks to last year at Laguna Seca!! Just with the same team and same bikes this time)

He is a god!!

Yorkie

rac3r
14-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Anyone see the 125 race? hahaha!!! :biggrin:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/motorbikes/8099343.stm

BluprintZ
14-06-2009, 07:19 PM

Stoppit, it wasn't funny....:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:!!
Probably one of Rossi's best wins...edge of the seat stuff!
Shame Bradley didn't do better though.

G : ):thumbsup:.

(ps; howdo yorkie, y`all right mate?).

gremlin
14-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Just shows why Rossi has the reputation that he has, it was awesome. Must admit I was jumping up and down and shouting at the screen. You have to feel sorry for Simone though what a mistaika to maika! Sat and watched TT highlights after so a race filled day.

Pomp1
15-06-2009, 09:42 AM

Chili did the same few years ago, didn't he?:biggrin: anyway, what a race between the yamaha pair, shame Stoner couldn't stay with them but all 3 on 106 point is a great prospect for the rest of the season

Gilps
15-06-2009, 09:57 AM
Jorge showed that he has got what it takes to mix it with Rossi. He's still got a bit of learning to do. Whilst that was a great move by Rossi in the last turn, a more experienced rider may have defended his line a little better. I'm a huge fan of Rossi but even I thought his post race antics towards his team mate were a bit beneath him. Jorge isn't Sete and I don't think Vale's mind games are going to work. I stand by my pre season prediction of Jorge for the championship.
Let's have more of the same for the rest of the season.

giler
15-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Jorge showed that he has got what it takes to mix it with Rossi. He's still got a bit of learning to do. Whilst that was a great move by Rossi in the last turn, a more experienced rider may have defended his line a little better. I'm a huge fan of Rossi but even I thought his post race antics towards his team mate were a bit beneath him. Jorge isn't Sete and I don't think Vale's mind games are going to work. I stand by my pre season prediction of Jorge for the championship.
Let's have more of the same for the rest of the season.

Didn't see the post race - what happened?

Kato
15-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Didn't see the post race - what happened?

Rossi was being a TW$T as usual and trying to wind up Jorge, who in my opinion should of just decked him:twak:

giler
15-06-2009, 10:21 AM
:chuckle:Rossi was being a TW$T as usual and trying to wind up Jorge, who in my opinion should of just decked him:twak:

I do wish you would stop sitting on the fence Kato

Paivi
15-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Rossi was being a TW$T as usual and trying to wind up Jorge, who in my opinion should of just decked him:twak:
What, for Vale congratulating him on being 'fortissimo'? How was that being a tw@t?

Kato
15-06-2009, 12:33 PM
What, for Vale congratulating him on being 'fortissimo'? How was that being a tw@t?

Because its my opinion of him, don't like him, never have, actually that's not true, used to like him then he upset Max and he's been a prize TW@T ever since, you of course are free to disagree.

Pomp1
15-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Because its my opinion of him, don't like him, never have, actually that's not true, used to like him then he upset Max and he's been a prize TW@T ever since, you of course are free to disagree.

I never been a huge fan of Rossi either(apart his first year in Yamaha he always had the best bike,from the 125 years onwards), however I recognize that big riders have big egos, and the mindgames are part of the sport. Rossi won't run away in the championship this year, and he knows it so he'll have to use all the tricks in the bok. Unfortunately for him Lorenzo probably has a even bigger ego, Stoner never gives up and Dovizioso, if he'll be able to fine tune the Honda and the tires, can mix with them.

Paivi
15-06-2009, 02:14 PM
I still don't know what he is supposed to have done/said to warrant people accusing him of mind games, etc. He very sportingly acknowledged a good race and congratulated Lorenzo, who himself has matured a lot since he ditched the lollipop.

gremlin
15-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Must admit I didn't see anything untoward in post race, he congratulated Jorge which any good sportsman should do. Yes he did jump the fence and bow to his fans which I don't see is a problem, it's a pity when Jorge did it he didn't get the same amount of response but that's life.

LouSCannon
15-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Just watched it after avoidig the result all day, customer I'm at is full of bikers as well and they spent the day winding me up!

Great race, if anyone is in the hotel room next to mine must be wondering what I was watching!

Not been mentioned but Stoner look destroyed at the end of the race?!

Snips
15-06-2009, 08:05 PM
I agree, Rossi seemed to be totally fair to Lorenzo, and vice versa, acknowledging an excellent scrap for the win.

gremlin
15-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Think poor Stoner had a bug or something and he really needed to be on top form to mix it with those two the way they were riding. In other company he would have been fine!

Humbucker
16-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Rossi showed the youngster he is still the best.

Humbucker
16-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Must also say however, huge respect given to Jorge, he deserved a better reception from his own fans at the end. It does take two superb racers to produce a race like that.