12-06-2009, 09:45 PM
hi
i should have my s4r in a week or so
would like to meet other like minded
go out for a run :do drop a line
chris

CK & AK
13-06-2009, 07:54 AM
Big Ducati meet every 2nd Sat of each month at Box Hill from 10.30 till midday.
Pop along this morning to meet others, doesnt matter if you havent got a bike yet - there will be plenty to drool over in the car park, tho not all are monsters :)

kneedown
13-06-2009, 01:56 PM
thanks will get to the next one
chris

Kato
13-06-2009, 02:00 PM
There are quite a few of us surrey types knocking around, usually a bit of a gathering most wed's eves throughout the summer at box hill....

kneedown
16-06-2009, 08:48 AM
any one withsome advice info about race cans
will have to be slip on not full system .like the look of the termie g.p stubby can any good ??

bigfiretruck
16-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Surrey police hate the stubby cans! ive already had mine d.b. tested twice! that's how generous they are :) just make sure you have the baffles in them!

Kato
16-06-2009, 03:39 PM
You don't ever hear of of Hardly Ableson owners getting stopped for excessive noise.....what's that all about then, they run open pipes all the time, commit crimes against good taste everytime they are on the road, admittedly they couldn't go fast enough to get a ticket and the only way to get your knee down on one is to fall off, I guess the cop's would feel embarrassed noise testing a two wheeled armchair. Having thought about I didn't know there was a noise limit, supposed to be discretionary otherwise it would be part of the M.O.T, so poking a decibel meter at you is just for intimidation, run the B*$TARD over I say....:twak::twak::twak:

Kato
16-06-2009, 03:48 PM
And Whilst I'm on the subject.

You see them everywhere, and you know the kind of rider that is usually aboard one. Leather chaps, leather jacket, combat boots, the very epitome of a bad ass biker.

But, that's just a wishful image. All that stuff came out of a corporate catalogue... One Harley rider looks like another, pretty much, yet they all claim that they are 'individuals'. Seeing a group of Harley's go past is like watching a cut scene from the "The Stepford Wives". They're all identical, they look alike, and they all ride the same thing; junk.

Very few Harleys are truly fast or powerful. Most are just loud rattletraps, over priced dealer wannabes or pieced together hope it works tomorrow wonders. They are paper tigers, all show and no go. You can get a hundred pounds of chrome on one of those things straight from the factory. Matching leather everything, even down to the little official HD logo which is oh so important to this flock behaviour mindset. Studded, braided, polished, painted, chromed, but ... it's all flash. It's all custom parts and paint, all jury rigged and low tech. In anything else but a Harley, the extremes that most Harley owners go to would be considered tacky and tasteless, and probably laughable.

The roar of a Harley is really just the growling of a sheep in wolf's clothing, and the bleating of the image driven lemmings that ride them.

Harley's fastest motorcycle, the Sportster, isn't anywhere near deserving of its name. There is no "sport" to the Sportster, and with a 883cc engine pushing out a meager forty seven horsepower, you have all the makings for a Black Angus set in motion by a mouse fart.

ladybird
16-06-2009, 07:20 PM
:) do you feel better now

BluprintZ
16-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Feckin' `ell Rob, your on one today mate!
Who is this "Barnaby wild" that Hardly Dangerous owners sing about then?
What..?...it's Born to be wild is it?...oops, sorree!
I had a Harley Roadster in the eighties, drag bars, mag wheels...blown head gasket, exploding rear shock, ignition coil overheating...and that was just the good bits, i took it back to Steve Rhodes in Bradford where i got it from and swapped it for a trick Z1R, much better!

Hows it hangin' Rob?

G : ) :D.

Kato
16-06-2009, 09:39 PM
:) do you feel better now

Yes I feel much better thankyou LB

Kato
16-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Feckin' `ell Rob, your on one today mate!
Who is this "Barnaby wild" that Hardly Dangerous owners sing about then?
What..?...it's Born to be wild is it?...oops, sorree!
I had a Harley Roadster in the eighties, drag bars, mag wheels...blown head gasket, exploding rear shock, ignition coil overheating...and that was just the good bits, i took it back to Steve Rhodes in Bradford where i got it from and swapped it for a trick Z1R, much better!

Hows it hangin' Rob?

G : ) :D.

So why doesn't that surprise me you old renegade :spin: Z1r you say don;t get me started on rice burners:running:

Just havin a stressed moment sure it won't be the last one this week

Hope all is well with you G

animaluk
17-06-2009, 05:21 PM
fastest harley is the v-rod :-) not the sportster and that was built by the germans lol

Oh on the subject of the rozzers i over took the only car on the m11 last sat a blue scooby and it was a fecking unmarked police car got a ticket grrrrrrrrrr

kneedown
18-06-2009, 08:01 PM
so your next bike will not be a harley then ????????