PDA

View Full Version : Fitting new speedo

pooh
12-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Hi folks
I am just rebuilding the bosses 620ie that I wrote off 6 weeks ago for her. Have got new speedo does anybody know how to program it to the bike?

Indicators work horn works lights work but no fuel pump ignition starter and the needles do not sweep on power up balso yellow immobiliser light flashes then stays on. The speedo is a brand new one from Ducati never been fitted to a bike before.

Any help appretiated.

Many thanks
POOH:banghead:

CK & AK
12-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Ian, if its brand new & not had a red key programmed with the clock it should work without needing programming.

Make sure the aerial wire from the ignition switch is connected & the wire is not broken.
Is there any other damage to the wiring anywhere as it had a big bump to it.
Otherwise, it needs prob plugging into the Ducati machine to diagnose the fault, as it could be anything from ECU or signal wire from the key.

AK

pooh
14-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Fitted new battery and goes through the programming sequence but keeps saying OFF at the end of the sequence. Found red key so all OK. If I fit the old clocks engine runs so it has to be a coding issue with the new clocks.
Any ideas

Ian

Kato
14-06-2009, 10:58 AM
If as has been said your clocks are brand new then you need to follow a sequence using the red key, I have a feeling the sequence has been posted up before, if however the clocks have ever been used before you are stuck.

Kato
14-06-2009, 11:04 AM
http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=28457&highlight=code+sequence

code sequence