PDA

View Full Version : Rear carbon hugger

jimmyshuffle
06-06-2009, 10:42 AM
I'm thinking of ordering a DP carbon hugger.

Does anyone know if they are any trimmer than the standard plastic one because the reason I want to change it is that I think the stock one looks too big and bulky.

Cheers

Space Cadet
07-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Seriously I wouldn't bother ordering any DP carbon stuff (for the older bikes at least) because the quality is rubbish, have sent many pieces back for my 620 and ended up ordering aftermarket stuff through my mechanic and the quality has always been top notch. I'm not the only one to think this either. just do a search on the site for reputable aftermarket carbon dealers.

BluprintZ
07-06-2009, 04:11 PM
What i would like to know, is how do you get the three, crappy allen bolts out that hold the hugger to the swingarm?
I had to drill mine out when i stripped the bike, although i'm not all that keen on them anyway!
Anyone want mine....carbon?

G : )

Albie
07-06-2009, 04:23 PM
What i would like to know, is how do you get the three, crappy allen bolts out that hold the hugger to the swingarm?
I had to drill mine out when i stripped the bike, although i'm not all that keen on them anyway!
Anyone want mine....carbon?

G : )

They are cr4p aren't they. Had the same on old s4 doublesider. Managed to sort. Always grease the bolts and remove regularly and should be ok. And also ducati bolts are made of soft cheese and round off eh AlanC. Heel guards.

I got one from spareshack for early monnie and was very good quality as was s4 one.

jimmyshuffle
11-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Cheers for the advica about DP stuff, been thinking of getting a few bits and pieces but will think twice now.
My bolts were really rusty when I took them out, so just chucked loads of grease on when I put em back in.