PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 14th June - Italian Day at Sammy Millers

SazzaG
29-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Calling all Sussexites!

It's about time we had a meet, and this is a very good excuse for one.

For those of you who've never visited Sammy Miller's in the New Forest, it's well worth a visit, and a very nice ride down there as well.

I'm not sure about timings yet, but the plan will go something like this:

Meet at Whiteway's carpark (A29 near Arundel) at a reasonable time for a cuppa

Meet up with other regions, poss at Rownhams or Ower services

Visit the museum, chat, drink tea, admire all the bikes

Nice ride to a nice pub somewhere for lunch

A further ride depending on the weather, possibly involving an ice cream stop

Arrive home before sunset with a sore arse and a big grin

Ah, just like the old days! So who's up for it?

nuttydon
30-05-2009, 09:06 AM
Sounds a good day out:D count me in

Drop down and do the smaller roads across the New Forest or stay higher and thrash along the main 'A's ? :scratch: now theres a dilemma

Don

David Matthews
30-05-2009, 09:03 PM
I hope to go to this one, the Ducati day was good last year. I'll be coming in from the other direction though.

rolly lane
10-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Lookin forward to meeting all you people.....Rolly

barbican
11-06-2009, 09:23 AM
What time at Whiteways?

SazzaG
11-06-2009, 11:59 AM
OK, hows about we meet at 9.30 ish for a cuppa, and then plan our attack from there.

Scenic route down to the New Forest followed by a pub lunch somewhere is what I'm thinking of.

Hope to see a few out.

Grumpy
11-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Hi Guys, weather allowing, i'm planning to head down for a nose!Would be good to meet some monnie owners from other regions. Could possibly meet up at Arundel, where is the whiteways park?

nuttydon
11-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Head up to the A29 North from Arundel and it is just after the big roundabout at the top of the hill.

Grumpy
11-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Cheers, what time do up guys anticipate heading off? would be handy to have a time window incase I run late.

SazzaG
11-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Probably aim to leave around 10. I'll PM you my mobile number just in case. Be good to see you!

SazzaG
12-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Boing!

Any more for any more? Looks like we might have a good gathering at the museum, and I'm hoping to meet up with the Swindon posse on the way so we can ride in together.

All welcome - even those not on Italian bikes (yes really!)

rich
12-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Hi there

Ill be along for this, bringing bro in law on the guzzi

when and where are you meeting the swindon mob?

Thanks again
rich

SazzaG
12-06-2009, 08:11 PM
I was wondering if you were about Rich!

It looks like our timings won't match up with the swindon lot unless we meet much earlier, but we'll be coming by your way around 11.30 I expect. Did you want to meet at Ower services?

rich
12-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Hi
Ower is good for me
see you around 11.30 then .

Any others out there come on down for a good day out
See ya
rich

barbican
12-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Damn it - all ready to join in and now I have to do some work instead - OH well have a good one, and hopefuly next time........

nuttydon
14-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Excellent ride out today - cheers Sarah for organising that.

Sorry if I slowed you all down :) its those pesky corner things that keep creeping up ?! lol

Don

SazzaG
14-06-2009, 08:05 PM
A grand day out was had by all!

After a few minor mishaps at G Towers, involving syphoning petrol from my car (but that's another story) we made it up to Whiteways to find Grumpy (who was actually quite cheerful) and rolly lane waiting for us. We were soon joined by nuttydon, and wended our way through the Sussex and Hampshire countryside.

At Ower services we met up with Robht on his Moto Morini, JMo (who must win the farthest travelled award!), Rich, and his mate on a Guzzi.

A quick scoot down into the New Forest, one lost contact lens, a fair bit of queueing traffic, and we arrived at Sammy Millers. Nice to see a few other peeps there, including Pedro, Stafford, Giler, and others I can't remember - sorry!

I succumbed to the temptation of the Ducati truck, and test rode an 1100S. Sooo nice. A late lunch, and a quick stop at Ower again, and we were on our way home. A fab day with fab people and fab weather - long may it continue!

Oh Don, I'll find you a nice straight route next time ;-)

Albie
14-06-2009, 08:18 PM
A grand day out was had by all!

I succumbed to the temptation of the Ducati truck, and test rode an 1100S. Sooo nice. A late lunch, and a quick stop at Ower again, and we were on our way home. A fab day with fab people and fab weather - long may it continue!

Oh Don, I'll find you a nice straight route next time ;-)

Glad you had a great day. Glad you tested the 1100S its great isnt it. I had UK surfer /martin and Chris turn up at mine this afternoonI went out on monster and he rode 748. He left me feeling very frustrated.

Liz
14-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Excellent ride out today - cheers Sarah for organising that.

Sorry if I slowed you all down :) its those pesky corner things that keep creeping up ?! lol

Don

Don't worry, I had the same problem with the Swindon lot - I like to go round corners and get to the other side! Ok on the straight though!

rich
14-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Alex and I had a really good day out with you all
Many thanks and see you next time
rich

nuttydon
14-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Don't worry, I had the same problem with the Swindon lot - I like to go round corners and get to the other side! Ok on the straight though!

I have a very strong sense of self preservation (read cowardice) and many years of riding small wheels and this has made me VERY careful (read slow) on corners :chuckle:

Oh and I like to look around a bit when I ride not just stare at the chap in front :eyepopping: Very tourist I know :pedro:

Next run out for me is probably the Bedfordshire thingy on the 12th July . . .

Pedro
14-06-2009, 09:59 PM

You were doing ok Liz, after all we weren't in full hoon mode.... I saved that till the way home!

Yee har!

Good to see everyone today

Liz
14-06-2009, 10:27 PM
You were doing ok Liz, after all we weren't in full hoon mode.... I saved that till the way home!

Yee har!

Good to see everyone today

I appreciate that you waited and I'm sure you do it for everyone - but, I had a smaller bike than most (except Steve who's also got an M600 but obvioulsy better than me at riding it), I try not to take risks and go for the slower option round corners! Don't forget to invite me again - even though you don't know what to talk to me about! You can always buy me a cup of tea!!!!!!!!!

Pedro
14-06-2009, 11:03 PM
I appreciate that you waited and I'm sure you do it for everyone - but, I had a smaller bike than most (except Steve who's also got an M600 but obvioulsy better than me at riding it), I try not to take risks and go for the slower option round corners! Don't forget to invite me again - even though you don't know what to talk to me about! You can always buy me a cup of tea!!!!!!!!!

Steve may be slow but his is a 900...!

Don't knock your riding, you rode safe and at a good pace - everyone rides differently so don't worry about it, I'm the first to advocate riding at a pace that suits you, not at a pace where you feel unsafe etc. Today was a good example of how easy it is to lose members of a group ride, it only takes a small delay at a junction or similar and the group ends up split.

Liz
14-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Steve may be slow but his is a 900...!

Don't knock your riding, you rode safe and at a good pace - everyone rides differently so don't worry about it, I'm the first to advocate riding at a pace that suits you, not at a pace where you feel unsafe etc. Today was a good example of how easy it is to lose members of a group ride, it only takes a small delay at a junction or similar and the group ends up split.

Well, one mistake on the way and one on the one back in 130 miles shouldn't have happened! I won't take risks and I know what the bike is capable of ...............that's the important thing, everyone else will have to wait. As you say, it may not be because of the power & ability of the rider but the traffic conditions etc. 3 of us got stuck behind a fleet of army trucks which took a while to get round - they left no room in between so couldn't overtake 1 at a time!

Enjoyed the ride though - cos that's what I want to do at the moment!

Liz